Beginners and Beyond

Big Saturdailies (Read 42 times)

Ric-G

18 just a couple of hours ago after an early morning soccer game with my younger son...saw The Boss last nite and it was good enough for some crude humor or maybe i was just in the mood not to think too much. have a great saturday everyone!

lrb - my older son had the same reaction regarding pronunciation when we were there...he was blown away

dave - good enough considering you aren't focusing on the distance - and a tree works too.

fs - nice pics

marathon pr - 3:16

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 easy pace but not so easy miles. Next Sunday can not get here soon enough.

Freesoul, nice pictures.

LRB

A veggie patty in-between Shalane Whole Wheat Flanagan and Amy Multigrain Cragg.

delicate flower

5k in 20:43; missed PR by 3 sec.

GAH, so frustrating!  Nice job though, Dave.  As LRB pointed out, you are forehead deep in heavy marathon training.  Coming that close to a PR is pretty damn good considering.  And I don't know about you, but gravel is just an energy suck to me.

<3

delicate flower

A veggie patty in-between Shalane Whole Wheat Flanagan and Amy Multigrain Cragg.

Suave as hell.

<3

DavePNW

Nice pic LRB! And, nice jacket!

Dave

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Pleasantridge, are you somewhere that gets warmer? Here in Maryland, the belief is not to put in your garden until Mother's Day.

Mid TN.  If we get a late frost, I can cover everything in just a few minutes.

Runner with a riding problem.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

5k in 20:43; missed PR by 3 sec.

Started off with big ideas, but couldn't hold on. 6:31, 6:42, 6:48.

Tough course -- a lot of gravel sections, a lot of tight turns.

No Baboon report; manual timing, only top 3 OA recognized at the race. AG placings will be online Monday, but met a guy in my AG who beat me, so no higher than 2nd.

Oh well.

You still have to be mostly happy with that.  The mileage and hard runs you've been doing haven't slowed you down.

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Oh, I ran:

10 minutes easy

10 minutes tempo (7:00 pace), 2 minutes recovery

10 minutes tempo (6:50 pace)

40 minutes steady

15 minutes tempo (7:15 pace)

3 minutes easy

I was really hoping to be faster on those tempos, particularly the 1st and 3rd ones.  I just could not find that gear today and my legs were hurting.  I figure the hard workouts Wednesday and Thursday caught up to me.  Still, 12 miles at 7:33 avg pace isn't a bad run.

DW just measured my body fat with a device she has and it indicated 14%.  Sounds about right.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Good job, Dave.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Nice pic, LRB.

Damaris

Cyberic

Lookin' good!

Cyberic

My bib # is 9671.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My bib # is 9671.

I was about to PM you to ask. Ha.

Damaris

LRB