Beginners and Beyond

Thursday was a crazy day....good running, and then some drama (Read 30 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

5 mile run on Thursday at Fort Sam Houston, San Antonio. Hilly route, accompanied by a medic who monitored my heart rate, pace, BP before, during, and after...sure beats a treadmill test, lol. Ended up with 5.2 miles in 57:14. Love running at Fort Sam. It is the "home of the combat medic", With lots of them doing their training here, so at any given moment if you suddenly keel over there are plenty of trained medical people here all around you you will jump right on it...nice!

Afternoon drama. Two loose dogs got hold of my neighbors 14-year-old cat and tore him up pretty good. My neighbor is in Europe so Gail and I have been feeding the cats while he is gone. His 2 younger cats are still pretty spry, so evaded the dogs, but Fluffy does not move so well anymore.   I wrapped him up, got him  to tmy vet to see if anything could be done but  he was so old he was very traumatized and the vet did not think he would survive the surgery;  so we had him humanely put down . My neighbor actually found the cat and came over and told me because she knew I had been feeding Jay's cats while he is gone.  I am glad she did because I would not have wanted poor old Fluffy to have died in pain out there, bleeding out on the driveway where the dogs left him.   Sad...he was a good ole cat, always friendly to everyone.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Half Crazy K 2.0

That poor cat. Glad you were able to help.

LRB

That's not a call I would want to get whilst on vacation.

I lost a cat once in the same manner, except the dog was walking with his owner. Whodini, he was the coolest cat ever. Didn't deserve an attack like that. It was terrible.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh, no.  I'm sad for the kitty. Sad

Damaris

Zelanie

That's terrible, Scotty! I'm glad that you were at least there to get him up and out of the driveway.