Beginners and Beyond

Don't Tell Anyone Wednedailies (Read 29 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Newsflash: don't start a run after 8am in PA. I don't know how everyone does it. I slept in and paid dearly.

7.6 with 4 miles alternating 400s of 10k and fast MP. I found a gravel track at the local high school. 3 lanes wide with grass and gopher holes everywhere.  Better than the surrounding hills though and no one told me to leave. My HR was in the 180s halfway through (during the slower intervals  ) and I had to walk some of the cool down to avoid passing out. Just yuck.

I've done it here in Indiana during the summer, it sucks the very essence of life out of you.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Starting a run after 8am is something Miamians never say...

Damaris

LRB

Newsflash: don't start a run after 8am in PA. I don't know how everyone does it. I slept in and paid dearly.

This has been the transitional week here. I ran 3.9 and The Garmin showed my heart rate at near threshold effort while my pace was slower than recovery effort! The air was thick and the whole stupid thing was much harder than it should've been for what it was, but that's a part of the acclimation process for us so it's normal.

sdWhiskers

This has been the transitional week here. I ran 3.9 and The Garmin showed my heart rate at near threshold effort while my pace was slower than recovery effort! The air was thick and the whole stupid thing was much harder than it should've been for what it was, but that's a part of the acclimation process for us so it's normal.

I was walking during my cool down and HR was in the 170s!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Newsflash: don't start a run after 8am in PA. I don't know how everyone does it. I slept in and paid 

I love my sleep. It means I suffer all summer. Or do stupid stuff like run as a huge storm is approaching at night.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I rarely start a run before 11:00 am and usually after 1:00 pm.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

GinnyinPA

I rarely start a run before 11:00 am and usually after 1:00 pm.

Same for me. But I have a TM when it gets really hot and humid.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

So there's a monsoon going on outside, and I really want to go for a quick run before I pick my son up.... problem is that there is also lightning as well.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Drinking a "Beardo IPA" brewed in Manchester. Pretty good, but again, not excellent.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I bit the bullet and got in a quick 4 miler before I had to pick up my son. By that point, the lightning had ceased so I wasn't in too much danger.

PRs

GinnyinPA

5.5 soupy miles between ran storms. 85 with a DP of 75 thanks to the rain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We finally got below 100 tonight...

Ran 9 with 2 X 2 @ HMP based on my 5K from last week.  Thought I couldn't do that pace, but I did.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

We finally got below 100 tonight...

Ran 9 with 2 X 2 @ HMP based on my 5K from last week.  Thought I couldn't do that pace, but I did.

That's a tough workout in the heat!

onemile

That's a tough workout in the on the treadmill!

Fyp

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

That's a tough workout in the heat!

Ha, I've not run outside since we hit feels like 86F.  So...February.

Damaris