Beginners and Beyond

Onemile's Boston RR (Read 85 times)

LRB

Road runners.  Y'all are so cute with your hills. 

The Boston course looks like a footnote. lol I almost did not see it on there at all.

delicate flower

Road runners.  Y'all are so cute with your hills. 

Fuck that.

<3

MothAudio

Your report brought back many fond memories of my 1st Boston. The long, cold, windy walk [in the chute] after another Boston was similar to what you experienced [worse than the race]. Congrats on such a quick time, especially on that course.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

RSX

Congrats on great time, near-PR in sucky conditions!

You know, if 50 mpw is "minimal training", you've done pretty damn well.

The first Newton hill actually starts at the very end of Mile 15, after Newton Lower Falls and a steep drop to Mass Route 128 overpass, more than a mile from the Newton firehouse.  That's got to be the one you missed.  If you trained well, none of these hills are terrible.  If you haven't... different story.

And yes, Boston is really hilly compared to Chicago

This chart is real cool. I train on the Newton hills at least twice a month year round,  but never get used to the firehouse one. I love training there though.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations. what a wonderful experience despite miserable weather. I'm sure there are many more prs and Bostons in your future should you choose. And I agree. ...spring races are hard to train for.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

Ha! me too.

The Boston course looks like a footnote. lol I almost did not see it on there at all.

hi Mandy! hi Lori!

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Clearly,

Leadville is Batman!  so...   yup cant beat that...

oh and echo Boon... Fuck that.

workinprogress11

Fuck that.

This times a million.

happylily

You are not only a gifted runner, you are also an incredibly hard worker. That is why you have had such great success these past couple of years. You are a total inspiration to all of us, young lady. Congratulations on an amazing performance on such a crappy day. You were amongst the very few tough runners who did well that day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Clearly,

Leadville is Batman!  so...   yup cant beat that...

How do they get there, by space shuttle. lol

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

Ha! me too.

hi Mandy! hi Lori!

:waves:  Hi, TO!    It's nice to see some of the old gang still pop in here!

Running is dumb.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Congrats on your Boston, onemile!  3:23, wow, way to go, and nearly a PR for you too!  Great performance!  Post race sounds brutal for you, glad you encountered a good Samaritan!    Those are some nice race photos of you, too.  I'd chase those Great Legs any day - except, of course, I'd never be able to keep up with them!

Again, congrats on your race, and hope you are recovering nicely now.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

onemile

LTH - thanks. It's not really beating when you were jogging it :P

Musicgirl, Ric, Moth, Bertha - thank you!

TO - Yes, RV guy and the people of Boston were all great.

Lily - that means a lot coming from you. I always admired how hard you train (and your speed!)

Scotty - thanks! I am finally back to walking normally but now I seem to be getting a cold!

B-Plus

Congrats on that awesome time in that miserable mess! You did great! I'm with you on the no spring marathons except Boston.

Zelanie

I love your clarity on what you wanted to get out of the race and put into training.  You worked hard, but at a level that still allowed you to enjoy your vacation and go on with life.  And on top of that, you still came within seconds of a PR in miserable conditions.  Congrats!  Those are awesome pictures, too.  That Boston-socks girl is clearly jealous of you as you cruise on past. Smile