Beginners and Beyond

I don't think I'll be running outside Sunday and Monday... (Read 96 times)

LRB

LRB - any idea where there might be an indoor track in my neck of the woods?

I would guess one of the high schools, the problem is they don't really advertise that sort of thing on the internet.  U of M opens its track at times but it's usually by invite only.  I have checked the community colleges (Oakland/Macomb) but to no avail.  Gonna try runmichigan next.

Hip Redux

Um, isn't this YOU, at your 18 laps/mile indoor track?

Yep!  And it works for 95 laps too.  The cat just keeps going!

LRB

The cat just keeps going!

As does the one sitting there watching it.  It's like a comedy routine!

onemile

Is this at Pettit in Milwaukee? I'll be running 95.5 laps around it later this month for Icebreaker Marathon.

Yep, that's the one.  Most I've ever done is 50 laps and that was enough for me.   I might show up to cheer y'all on though.

StepbyStep-SH

Yep, that's the one.  Most I've ever done is 50 laps and that was enough for me.   I might show up to cheer y'all on though.

You'll have a big window for catching me - I'm sure I'll be in the 4:15-4:30 range. I'm pretty sure Bruce D and Adam (12EasyMiles) are both running the marathon as well. Runningmama should be there to spectate (unless I can convince her that running it with me would be a safe long run and not risk her Boston goals). And at one time there was talk that MadisonMandy might drop by. Could be a really fun chance to meet people.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

onemile

You'll have a big window for catching me - I'm sure I'll be in the 4:15-4:30 range. I'm pretty sure Bruce D and Adam (12EasyMiles) are both running the marathon as well. Runningmama should be there to spectate (unless I can convince her that running it with me would be a safe long run and not risk her Boston goals). And at one time there was talk that MadisonMandy might drop by. Could be a really fun chance to meet people.

I have heard this rumor too.  If Mandy cookies will be there,  I will for sure.

StepbyStep-SH

I have heard this rumor too.  If Mandy cookies will be there,  I will for sure.

There might be cookies anyway - apparently cookies are a tradition at the Icebreaker, and I jumped into a FB discussion and mentioned gluten-free, and I think I may have just gotten myself into baking cookies to bring: chocolate chip oatmeal with craisins. And gluten-free so I can eat them. Sometimes I add walnuts, too, and call them "runner recovery cookies" - carbs, healthy fats from the walnuts, "fruit" from the craisins ... Wink

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

"Consider staying indoors".  Cleverly timed after that bit about freezing flesh in 5 minutes.

RSX

I'm running a 5k tomorrow for my 3rd time. 2 years ago it was around 60 and I ran in shorts. Last year 40 wasn't bad. Tomorrow at race time the feels like is supposed to be 1. I have run regular runs in colder weather, but never a race below 25. That will suck but I'm showing up.

On a good note I'm no longer on the fence about doing a half in NH next month. It is 60 minutes north and colder.

onemile

There might be cookies anyway - apparently cookies are a tradition at the Icebreaker, and I jumped into a FB discussion and mentioned gluten-free, and I think I may have just gotten myself into baking cookies to bring: chocolate chip oatmeal with craisins. And gluten-free so I can eat them. Sometimes I add walnuts, too, and call them "runner recovery cookies" - carbs, healthy fats from the walnuts, "fruit" from the craisins ... Wink

Sold. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Damn, that is COLD! That reminds me, it's going to be 72 today so I may need sunscreen. Wink