Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES: On second thought make that a double (Read 49 times)

LRB

delicate flower

I ran.  40 minutes easy, and went much better than expected.  5.2 miles at 7:50 pace.

<3

LRB

I ran.  4 miles easy, and it went much better than this morning's run.

happylily

I've done something similar a few times when I've had to front or backload a week because of prior commitments, unexpected life events, etc.... And for me, personally, I do a lot better running a short recovery JOG (4 or 5 miles) the day after a weekend like that. It loosens my back up and seems to help with all over muscle soreness.

I followed your advice and I ran 4 recovery miles. I feel better already.  I'll do another three miles after supper. My potatoes were ready and in need of mashing, so I had to stop running.

Dave, congratulations on the PR, awesome finish time and cool FE! That's a very nice picture there!

Jay, with all the heavy training you have been doing, all the miles, don't you think that maybe you were expecting too much that day? To finish #2 is pretty incredible considering those facts. Bravo!

Damaris, nice picture! Your husband always has a huge smile in his running pics. The two of you are really cute.

Cy, since I do my strides on the TM, I can't really help you. The way I do them is just totally bizarre. But I agree with the description given by others. You increase your speed until you reach the right pace, float a bit, and decrease. It must be fast, but not so fast that you lose form. Controlling your form is what matters most. McMillan will give you an idea of the pace you could potentially use based on your skills, and the length of the strides (100m, 200m, etc...). I can never run my McMillan recommended strides. My legs are not strong enough and the TM scares the heck out of me.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

My running has been crap, so much so that I am close to bailing on my May 3rd marathon. By that I mean I might downgrade to the HM. Plane tickets and hotel are already paid for so I am making the trip. Besides, DW's training is going great and she has a shot at a BQ.

Sorry it's coming to that, Klompus.  But a trip for a HM will still be a lot of fun on a beautiful and unique route, then you can finish your race and cheer like hell for your DW.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, Lily!

7 painless miles.  I still have some lower back soreness but the stretches and Pilates have helped.  Hope the rest is gone before my LR this weekend.

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

My little guy's tonsils are swollen up just awful  , poor little guy hasn't been wanting to drink or eat for a few days now and I finally realized on the way home today that something was seriously wrong  when he was grabbing his cheeks towards his neck Sad

I wish he would start talking, and try to tell me what is wrong....... ugh 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Poor baby!

Damaris

onemile

7 EZ for me.  My stomach hurt for the first half but felt fine the second. 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Poor baby!

Thanks, I hope the Amoxicilin (sp??) helps him quick. Does InkNBurn have clothes for toddlers and preschoolers?

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

D^2 - cool FE pic, and bell!

Baboon - heck of a race in those conditions, very proud of you.

Jack - ugh, I hope you can get your mojo back.  Also, pulling for Mrs. K's BQ, she has been SOOO close!

Lily - yum, mashed potatoes.  You are right of course, a HM in the thick of peak MT mileage is not going to be the fastest one ever.

30 min on the bike, 30 min recovery jog.

workinprogress11

7 miles on the treadmill. It snowed 4 inches here today. Wtf???

B-Plus

B-Plus

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Thanks, I hope the Amoxicilin (sp??) helps him quick. Does InkNBurn have clothes for toddlers and preschoolers?

No. Children and up but not small children.

Damaris