Beginners and Beyond

Just plain Mondailies (Read 21 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I'm gonna brag about west coast time again!

So jealous of the west coast time for the game. As soon as the final touchdown was caught, i turned the TV off. I sort of figured once the Cheifs got the ball in OT it was over.

Local radio spent my whole drive from work, with a detour to Chipotle for a fundraiser, talking about Kelce. They refuse to talk about the Ravens' player currenrly under investigation for domestic violence or Ray Rice. They also mention Mahomes helmet tossing. Meanwhile, our QB also did a helmet toss and they want to annoit him leader of MD. Homers, hypocrits, whatever. Guess it takes my mind off awful drivers and gives me someone else to yell at in frustration in the car.

Rest day.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Rain. Sleet. Thunder snow. The worse the forecast for tomorrow morning gets, the more I feel like running.

What's wrong with me? 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rain. Sleet. Thunder snow. The worse the forecast for tomorrow morning gets, the more I feel like running.

What's wrong with me? 

Here the morning forecast sounds a little better than the afternoon. Snow that melts on the groound is better than high winds. At least to me.And thats assuming we get snow, sounds like it could be anything here. The county 5 miles north just announced a 2 hour delay.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We are missing that storm completely. It was in the 40s today here.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

We are missing that storm completely. It was in the 40s today here.

It's the east coast special: a nor'easter. Local news is backtracking here, sounds like we could get more than just some wet snow.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is coming from the West so passing below us but it's not cold enough here to make it into snow. It's mostly rain so far.

Damaris

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

It can snow all it wants after I leave on Thursday. In the meantime it's been about 5-15C here the past few days.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sdWhiskers

It's the east coast special: a nor'easter. Local news is backtracking here, sounds like we could get more than just some wet snow.

Like Storm of the Century? Or just normal winter?

sdWhiskers

I meant to mention this yesterday. I watched the indoor track meet (Millrose games) on tv and basically every race had either the WR or American record broken. Just ridiculous. Still the shoes? Or rampant doping? I don't know but doesn't make it fun to watch

Half Crazy K 2.0

Like Storm of the Century? Or just normal winter?

Just more than the original forecast of maybe some wet snow that only accumulates on the grass. We went 2 years with no snow, so no idea what a normal winter is.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I meant to mention this yesterday. I watched the indoor track meet (Millrose games) on tv and basically every race had either the WR or American record broken. Just ridiculous. Still the shoes? Or rampant doping? I don't know but doesn't make it fun to watch

Throw in the track itself as contributing to the fast times.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

sdWhiskers

Throw in the track itself as contributing to the fast times.

Interesting. Springier than previous years?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Interesting. Springier than previous years?

No change this year, but the NY Armory track, the New Balance track in Boston, and the Reggie Lewis Center track also in Boston, are all relatively new and were constructed specifically to produce fast times. Some of the records broken on Sunday were also set on that track.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.