Beginners and Beyond

The Perfect ThursDAILIES (Read 39 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Got in 5.3 miles this morning with the 3 ring circus, then I got in another 3.7 miles this afternoon/evening with the Jumpstart group and took Dorian and Jetta along with me. It was more pleasant than I expected.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

marathons are stupid. 

+ a billion.

Dave

From the Internet.

It looks like you've been running well, so a marathon is not as far fetched an idea as it for some. Keep in mind though, marathons are stupid. lol

I would be interested in the length of cycle your coach chooses more than the marathon itself. In my experience, it's the training that wears me down, the race just finishes the job. lol

Yeah that's the only thing that's making me question it, haha.

*whispers* he's probably gonna write it for 20 weeks D: He likes to have a long slow buildup to peak mileage (with some room for cutback weeks for me, since I usually need them here and there), hold peak mileage for 5 weeks with 3 20-22 milers, and then 3 week taper. I expect to be thoroughly worn down by the end of that.

onemile

I ran a 19:08 5k tonight.... but garmin came up short. 2.95. Dammit. It had two U-turns so I that would make sense if it was a little short but not by that much. I did get 2nd OA and a tshirt with a bottle opener and a $25 gift card to the LRS.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran a 19:08 5k tonight.... but garmin came up short. 2.95. Dammit. It had two U-turns so I that would make sense if it was a little short but not by that much. I did get 2nd OA and a tshirt with a bottle opener and a $25 gift card to the LRS.

That sucks about the short course, but congrats on the OA placing!

Mr MattM

16 total for the day.

be curious; not judgmental

DavePNW

Argh! Congrats anyway! Excellent placing and swag!

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Great job onemile!

I just realized that May is almost over and we don't have a May racing thread.............

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Great job onemile!

I just realized that May is almost over and we don't have a May racing thread.............

It took you 19 fucking days to see that? SLACKER!!!!!!!!!!

DavePNW

It took you 19 fucking days to see that? SLACKER!!!!!!!!!!

IK,R? I had two races I would've posted, if I actually posted my races in those threads.

Dave

Cyberic

19:08 is sub 20 by a lot! Really sucks that the course was short, or was it? Anyways, huge congrats on 2nd OA.

onemile

19:08 is sub 20 by a lot! Really sucks that the course was short, or was it? Anyways, huge congrats on 2nd OA.

I asked like four other people and they all had 2.95.  And it was a full minute faster than my PR.  The winning lady ran 17:15 and her PR is 17:49.

DavePNW

I asked like four other people and they all had 2.95.  And it was a full minute faster than my PR.  The winning lady ran 17:15 and her PR is 17:49.

Well since that was 6:33 pace I guess you didn't quite have it anyway. But FFS. I'm sure being an RD is hard job, but at a bare minimum you need to measure the course, mark it, and time it. If you can't do those three things properly, don't bother putting on a race.

Dave

onemile

Well since that was 6:33 pace I guess you didn't quite have it anyway. But FFS. I'm sure being an RD is hard job, but at a bare minimum you need to measure the course, mark it, and time it. If you can't do those three things properly, don't bother putting on a race.

and this is a race put on by an organization that does a ton of races around here. It was back and forth on one road so I thought it would be accurate. They actually put on some races that do have certified courses but those are only the ones that are accompanied by a marathon.

No more marathons

This ^^^^^^.

There is just no excuse for a mismeasured course.  None, nada, zip.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!