Beginners and Beyond

Saturdailies go long (Read 43 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dead from flower pot

I am sorry but I couldn't help but giggle on that last one. Thank goodness you weren't under it.

Your house is freaking gorgeous,  Lily. I could look at pics of it all day.

LRB if I see them on amazon I will buy two for you, but I will have to PM you for your address 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

14.7 miles in the snow, it was lovely minus the snow, and my first week over 40 miles Big grin

A. I am going to kick my half marathon's ass in 7 weeks, and 2. the idea of marathon training in the late summer/fall is starting to seem way less scary now that my long runs are getting longer. I could be totally used to 15-16 milers by then.

Zelanie

Lily- Glad you're OK!  Good luck with the house sale in Cancun.

Lauren- I'm so happy that your training is going well!

FreeSoul- I'm trying to imagine Mrs. LRB's face when you show up at the door with two of those and a bottle of wine!

I'm off to Weight Watchers, then to a robotics tournament, then will run 6 later on.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

FreeSoul- I'm trying to imagine Mrs. LRB's face when you show up at the door with two of those and a bottle of wine!

I'm off to Weight Watchers, then to a robotics tournament, then will run 6 later on.

LMAO!! I meant to have them shipped lol, plus I don't drink wine, whiskey is my thing.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Ric-G

12 miles this morning...coffee and breakfast burrito now...soccer later...have a great saturday all!

lrb - msu won if you didn't already know...

marathon pr - 3:16

B-Plus

8 miles in between massage and the first of several displays of cascadian domination.

outoftheblue

SRD.  The plan today is to re-plant the collard greens and broccoli rabe that didn't sprout -- for some reason only 1/4 of what I planted came up.  I may need new seeds.  I also have to replant the tomato and pepper plants I started from seeds indoors into bigger containers and start hardening the off to get read to be planted outside in a couple of weeks.

Weather tomorrow for my race looks to be in the mid-50s to start, warming up to the low 60s.   Light wind, humidity around 70%.  I think this is the first time I've entered a race where I literally have no idea what will happen and no expectations other than to enjoy the day, and be ready to pull up or out, if I sense anything not feeling right with my wonky left leg.

Life is good.

LRB

lrb - msu won if you didn't already know...

Izzo does it again.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

4.2. Watched the Kenyan win the cooper River bridge run on TV in 29 min and change. That is a sick time for a 10k. Pretty steep ass long bridge too. You couldn't pay me to run that race. Way to many people. It is insane. I love to run the bridge but I won't do it with that many people. In the 15 years we've been here I've never run the race and won't.

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Ran 10 with hubby.  Now off to do errands.

Lily, sorry, but it made me LOL too.

Damaris

LRB

I could be totally used to 15-16 milers by then.

Or sick of them, hopefully not.

lily, I did not laugh. My first thought was of a spirit pissed that you are going out of town and saying fine then.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I just got my bib confirmation for Paris. 

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

No running today. It's cold, windy and snow flurries are blowing around. I've hit a mileage PR for the month already and my legs are sore, so not going to bother. Will do some core and glute stuff later.

Lily, that would definitely wake me up. DH's shower mirror falls on a regular basis and it scares me each time. Your house looks amazing.

Baboon

delicate flower

20 miles done at 7:57 pace.  Snow and wind.  I can;t take much more this bad weather.  I almost felt mentally defeated today but got it done.

<3

cjones1

14.7 miles in the snow, it was lovely minus the snow, and my first week over 40 miles Big grin

A. I am going to kick my half marathon's ass in 7 weeks, and 2. the idea of marathon training in the late summer/fall is starting to seem way less scary now that my long runs are getting longer. I could be totally used to 15-16 milers by then.

Nice! I have 15 tomorrow too. Not particularly looking forward to it, but it should be a good confidence builder. I'm looking forward to seeing how your race goes.

PRs:

5k - 20:51 - 9/5/15

10k - 47:00 - 5/25/15

15k - 1:10:19 - 11/21/15

13.1 - 1:42:25- 4/25/15

26.2 - TBD (someday)