Beginners and Beyond

Hello, RA friends...still at it! (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

In spite of these darn cancer side-effects, I have now managed to complete 58 5Ks so far in 2023.  My last one was Paint The Parkway Pink, a 5K raising funds for breast cancer research.  I have 4 good friends affected by this  Two are outright survivors an the other two are still going through their treatments. I put their names on my race bib and ran this one in honor of them.

I am doing my 59th of the year on Saturday, October  21.  The Paloween Hustle 5k is being done on the campus of local community college, Palo Alto College, one of the partner colleges with the university I work for.  This event is in memory of a young lady who was a member of the college running team.  She went out for a run, as she usually did, but collapsed about halfway into it, Sadly, she passed away a few days later.  So very sad, feel for her family.  This event will raise scholarship funds for the members of the college running team. The scholarship is named after the young lady, donated by her family, as they knew how much she loved running.

As usual, you can find all my race reports, with photos, on my blog Scottydog Reports.

Hope everyone is doing well.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad to hear from you and good luck tomorrow!

Damaris

😎