Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #163 (Read 29 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Oy, maybe they can mandate masks and that might be more effective. Imagine how many buses you have to wait for to pass "full" before you can hop on.

These are school buses, so assigned routes & students. They would make allowances where siblings can sit next to each other.

Cloth masks are going to be mandatory. However, I suspect that will be a challenge in special ed settings. And likely with little kids in general education.

KCRuns

One fun tidbit, the CDC recommended occupancy on a 77 person bus is 8-13. Yea, that's gonna work out. Seems similar to the need for a 4 mile start line for proper distancing.

The CDC guidelines are just that.  They are not mandates, each school district can adjust to fit their needs.  I'll be curious how districts across the country will manage the bus routes.

Half Crazy K 2.0

The CDC guidelines are just that.  They are not mandates, each school district can adjust to fit their needs.  I'll be curious how districts across the country will manage the bus routes.

I think the transportation piece is going to be a huge challenge to reopening. I don't envy the decision makers at all.

sdWhiskers

SRD

Did ~45 min Zwift before a meeting. And plan to get in some strength training later, which I've been skipping for the past 2 weeks...

No school buses here so at least not dealing with that. Talked to DS's teacher yesterday and while they don't know what it'll look like, they are planning as though there will be kids in the schools for Fall.

Saw both Arizona and LA county (closest areas to us) are projected to be out of ICU beds in next 2 weeks or so, and are clearing out hospitals in preparation. Contrary to how many people are acting, it's not over.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

SRD

Did ~45 min Zwift before a meeting. And plan to get in some strength training later, which I've been skipping for the past 2 weeks...

No school buses here so at least not dealing with that. Talked to DS's teacher yesterday and while they don't know what it'll look like, they are planning as though there will be kids in the schools for Fall.

Saw both Arizona and LA county (closest areas to us) are projected to be out of ICU beds in next 2 weeks or so, and are clearing out hospitals in preparation. Contrary to how many people are acting, it's not over.

Ugh.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I'm late to the party so, Good Afternoon!

After sulking about Boston being postponed/cancelled, then deciding to stop running for a while to let me right hammy tendon thing clear up (some), I actually walk/ran 3 miles this morning with no pain and only a little stiffness/soreness after.  But, not out of the woods yet so will do my best to stick with very low miles and lots of walking breaks for the next while. With no races in the foreseeable future, that should be easier than most summers. I have also been able to do a fair amount of leg strength and upper body work so I'e been reasonably active and, sort pf surprisingly, haven't really missed "training" for a goal.

Sorry for being MIA but between seasonal and COVID-induced craziness at work for most of March and April, and not running, I couldn't take the pain of seeing how much running everyone else was doing. I'm hoping to slowly get back into the swing of things, both running and posting.

I hope everyone is well and look forward to catching up!

sdWhiskers

I hope everyone is well and look forward to catching up!

Nice to see you back!

You didn't miss too much, quick summary:

Dave and LRB are back to work

Blue doesn't want to be back to work

FS is rollerblading now

Onemile is running too much and needs a camping break

Docket still uses the TM

Cyber is running a lot--except when he doesn't feel like it

HCK is finally running consistently after a hellish start to the year

Ginny is running good workouts

ROS is run-walking her way back and somehow not losing her mind

Also, everyone who thought they had C19 have had negative tests

Races say they might happen but won't

Cyberic

Nice to see you back!

FS is rollerblading now

Docket still uses the TM

Big grin Why do I bother keeping up? That's a great wrap up!

sdWhiskers

Big grin Why do I bother keeping up? That's a great wrap up!

I'm on hold with IT   I have time....

DavePNW

I think the transportation piece is going to be a huge challenge to reopening. I don't envy the decision makers at all.

Maybe some districts will decide to eliminate buses. It's safest and oh BTW saves them a bunch of money. Before all this hit, it would be hard to imagine. But forcing parents to find ways to get their kids to school is probably not much more of a burden than forcing remote learning. A lot of things in this world are going to change permanently.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Maybe some districts will decide to eliminate buses. It's safest and oh BTW saves them a bunch of money. Before all this hit, it would be hard to imagine. But forcing parents to find ways to get their kids to school is probably not much more of a burden than forcing remote learning. A lot of things in this world are going to change permanently.

It is for the low income kids, who most of them barely were even able to do remote learning during the pandemic. I know when the bus drivers went on strike here, Mary's students hardly made it to school that week (and hardly ate during that time to boot).

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Nice to see you back!

FS is rollerblading now

Docket still uses the TM

awesome update, thanks!

Dave, congrats on the new job, wherever/whatever it is...

KCRuns

Nice to see you back!

FS is rollerblading now

Docket still uses the TM

Nice summary!

DavePNW

Dave, congrats on the new job, wherever/whatever it is...

thank you 

Dave