Beginners and Beyond

The WednesDAILIES are halfway to nowhere (Read 43 times)

bluerun

Super B****

For what it's worth, if it is the third watch that all of a sudden goes nuts with the same sensors... either that model of watch is seriously screwed up, or the problem is with the sensors.

I have a footpod (is that what you call a cadence sensor?) and before my watch indicated a low battery, it started acting up on me and there would be blanks when I looked back at my log. Soon after, the low battery appeared, I therefore changed the battery, and the blanks went away. It is based on the very small exprerience that I suggested it might be the batteries. Of course troubleshooting from a comment on a forum has proven to be pretty ineffective in the past Smile

Technically it's not the same watch -- it's an FR70 now, which is really the FR60 with an improved band.  (I went through two of those because the band was stupidly made of rigid rubber and would eventually crack.) I'm talking about the cycling cadence sensor, not the foot pod... I don't THINK it's ever happened with the foot pod.  Maybe I'll bug Garmin CS about it.  Just for fun.  

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

StepbyStep-SH

Sending good thoughts to D's groin, FS's gut, and blue's Garmin ... along with Lauren's Gremlin? Lauren - Do you have AAA? They might cover towing from your house to the dealership, but I'm not sure. Or drive down the street, decide that it is "undriveable" and call for a truck - just give yourself plenty of time before you have to get it to the shop.

Nothing for me today - PF was bugging me when I got up, then work, doctor's appointment for DS and grocery shopping ate up the rest of the day. I'm not exactly finishing this year on a high note.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Zelanie

I don't know what runner came and took over my legs during the second half of my track workout tonight, but I hope she comes back.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I don't know what runner came and took over my legs during the second half of my track workout tonight, but I hope she comes back.

bluerun

Super B****

Technically it's not the same watch -- it's an FR70 now, which is really the FR60 with an improved band.  (I went through two of those because the band was stupidly made of rigid rubber and would eventually crack.) I'm talking about the cycling cadence sensor, not the foot pod... I don't THINK it's ever happened with the foot pod.  Maybe I'll bug Garmin CS about it.  Just for fun.  

They told me that can happen when the battery in the watch is low.

Except that it usually TELLS me when the battery is low.  I wish testing coin cell batteries wasn't such a hassle...

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog