Beginners and Beyond

Saturday (Read 41 times)

From the Internet.

Oh my. Ran 5.75 miles this morning, hit the top of my foot on the edge of the pool pushing off this afternoon (it slipped up and came back down, so graceful and coordinated). The top of my foot is piiiiissed and I can't tell if it's just a bruise or also run-related (feels extensor tendon-y, which I can deal with if that's the problem) Sad

Wasn't planning to run or swim tomorrow anyway, and it's supposed to rain in the morning so probably won't be tempted to bike either. Shoved into compression socks right now and crossing fingers that whatever it is, it's better in a day or two D:

Docket_Rocket

Not sure why but RA has logged me out of my account 3 times today.  Normally, I can be signed on for weeks but now three times in one?  Not sure if Eric is doing anything to the website.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunningOnSand

SdW:  Any goals in mind with the new plan?

ROS:  Vomiting successful??  

FYI:  For those that knew/know her, EricaH ran a 21.24 this morning.

Gorgeous day here, too.  Headed in to the gym to do leg and hip work.  Kept looking out the windows as the clouds burned off, so after that I headed outside for 6.2 @ recovery.  Had a stiff head wind part of both ways on the out and back.  The last mile and a half felt like it was uphill (it was flat).  Still feeling cold from it.  Had a heck of a time getting to sleep last night.  Finally had a big glass of wine about 2:30 or 3.  It worked but I'm dragging today.

Not quite. Which means i probably didn't push myself hard enough.  Still a damn hard workout. 2 up, increasing 800s til I hit a 7:20 pace and then my HR was at 186 and I held on as long as I could. Then took a long cool down, for a total of 8. Tomorrow's 9, I think. Coastal, so great to see you running some consistent mileage without any niggles/injuries. Seems like the injury prevention stuff is really helping, no?

Dave, I hope it's your iron levels, too. Or, could be adrenal fatigue?

PleasantRidge & Ginny, sounds totally awesome.

Dave & Docket, you guys slayed the mileage. Holy shit. Nice work, you two. I would be thrilled to hit a 200 month.

Whiskers, yeah baby!

sdWhiskers

SdW:  Any goals in mind with the new plan?

My first sub2 was in December but on a short course (1:55 for 12.95ish) so I'm aiming for a sub2 on a legit course.

GinnyinPA

I got 220.7 this month.

KCRuns

I set out to do 18 this morning, but cut it short at 10.  It was cold and rainy and the wind picked up to 20-25mph. I don’t want to get sick again so I decided to cut it short.

This has been a weird running month. Out of town twice and then the flu made for low mileage. Not ideal, but out of my control.