Beginners and Beyond

Week 42 Penguins are kicking butt and taking names!! (10/13-10/19) (Read 14 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Today is National Kick-Butt Day, so give yourself a swift one in the rear and do something you've been putting off!!  My alarm went off this morning so I got DH and the dog moving and started my morning routine.  10 minutes later I happened to glance at my watch and discovered it was still 20 minutes before my alarm was set to go off.  Yeah, I dreamed my alarm went off and got us up at 5 AM.    So I did a few extra things at home and got to work a little early.  Too bad I can't leave early, but my class isn't over until 5:15.  Oh well.

Yoga and biking done!  We were supposed to get an estimate this morning for removal of moss off our roof ... I'll be interested to see what that comes out to.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

GinnyinPA

HM - nice that you got an early start so could get more done. Good luck with the roof.

We're going camping and leaf peeping this week, but haven't even started packing yet. I also have shopping and laundry to do. I need a swift kick to get moving.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm not kicking any butts today after yesterday's Chicago Marathon.  Sore but feeling good.

HopesMom, nice workouts.  I have done that and end up trying to sleep again and being unsuccessful.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, I thought about going back to sleep but figured it wouldn't work well.  Might as well get moving!

Docket, how was Chicago, other than sore-inducing?  Good run?

Ginny, get a move on!  How can you camp without having clean clothes that are packed? 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Timewise, it wasn't a good run, BUT mentally I was super pumped (contrary to earlier this year) and, although my leg hurt the whole way (the one I fell into while running that had the swollen foot), I made the best I could do on that day and all of my pics have me smiling.  I am really happy with my performance in how the race went for the horrid pace day I had.  And I finished Marathon #50 after 5 tries (DNFs) earlier this year.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Docket, that's awesome!!  Even with the drawbacks, I'm so glad you had a good time and finished #50!!

Yoga and biking done for me today, woo-hoo!!  Don't know if I'll be able to bike tomorrow, it's supposed to rain all day.

The roof guy came out and looked at our moss issue, and told DH "I'll get back to you."  DH said it didn't sound like he really wanted to do the job.  I don't know if it's because the pitch on that part of our roof is pretty steep, or if it's just such a small job that they don't want to bother.  It would probably cost them in labor more than they could charge us.  Hopefully he gets back to us, though ... the other company didn't even show up for the estimate.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ha, I got that answer when I wanted to remove the Mexican tiles in the Miami house, ugh.

I have another RD.  Shocker.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, we have another estimate from another company hopefully tomorrow.  This is a "roof cleaning" company rather than a "roofing" company, so maybe that'll make a difference.  It's raining today, would that it would rain hard enough to just knock the moss off!!  Though DH got up there with a hose and it didn't work, so probably it's not going to rain any harder than his hosing.

Anyway ...

Yoga done today.  No biking because of the aforementioned rain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry about the rain.

RD for me again.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm not really sorry about it, it was getting awfully dry and crunchy around here.  It's just a really good day to be curled up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate, but I'm at work.  So it's really work I'm complaining about! 

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey folks!  Docket, I'm waiting to see what your new tagline becomes, since you're no longer worried about the heat of Miami!

Yoga done, no biking due to chorus rehearsal this afternoon.  Having another company estimate the roof cleaning today.  This #3, the first one didn't show at all, the second didn't give an estimate. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.  I deleted it a few weeks ago due to that.  We shall see what I complain about now, except my area is hilly, sheesh.

RD for me.

HopesMom, enjoy the rehearsal.

Damaris

Singer who runs a smidge

So company #3 didn't bother to show either.  My fingers are fierce with indignation, so they now all have lousy public reviews.  And I'm moving on to companies #4 and #5.  Why can't professional people just BE PROFESSIONAL??? 

Skipped yoga this morning, but biked in.  At least it's Friday.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Evening!  Ran 4 tonight.  Met MaryMary611 (my BFF and fellow forumite) today for lunch.

HopesMom, how annoying!  I hate when services do that.  I've been stuck waiting for people in the house and taking leave, etc., and it's not fun.

Damaris