Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - 14th Edition (Read 34 times)

onemile

In 2009 the starting temperature was 32 and the high that day was 45. Get me in the neighborhood of that and you're on!

I wouldn't sign up for it expecting good weather! I'd never suggest that! It's hot most years so I wouldn't expect anything less.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I wouldn't sign up for it expecting good weather! I'd never suggest that! It's hot most years so I wouldn't expect anything less.

For Chicago?  I agree.

Damaris

LRB

How would you approach it from a race perspective then? Adjust your pace according to the temps? Wasn't it hotter than shit when you ran it?

LRB

For Chicago?  PR for me.

FYP.

onemile

How would you approach it from a race perspective then? Adjust your pace according to the temps? Wasn't it hotter than shit when you ran it?

Well you have to adjust or you will get your ass kicked Smile

It was hot when I ran it but it was also my first marathon and 4:20 or 4:30 didn't really matter much to me. So I just added 10 min to my original goal time. And TBH it felt more like a super long training run than racing.

Now, I wouldn't run it easy because that feels kind of pointless to me now but trying to go out at the same pace you would under perfect weather isn't smart. So yes, adjust according to temps.

but it's an easy marathon major to check off and an experience.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Damaris