Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies (Read 21 times)

DavePNW

Starting the thread to report not running. Well I probably will later. But after having rain yesterday, and 31 degrees this morning, I’d prefer to avoid ice and wait till after it warms up. Either lunchtime or late afternoon I guess.

It’s 54 degrees now, so waiting seems like it was a good move.

Dave

onemile

but I suppose I could toss it over the fence into one of the neighbors’ yards. 

this is a good idea. do this.

onemile

It’s 54 degrees now, so waiting seems like it was a good move.

57 here! 

sdWhiskers

I mean, I want to do this.

I'm also tempted to ask the neighbor a few houses down to take care of it (he's a huge weirdo though).

Our pest control service said they won't do anything, they just put out the poison 

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Just toss it out into the street and let the traffic take care of it. 

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
            10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

DavePNW

I definitely have a neighbor in mind.

Some years back there was a dead squirrel in my driveway (completely dead, not flopping). I picked it up with a plastic grocery bag and put it in the garbage. Like I said, no question it was my job, but I wasn't happy about it. Also, one time our dog woke up DD by depositing a furry, severed rabbit limb in her bed. It was also my job to find the rest of that carcass in the yard and dispose of it. I guess anyone who's ever done any hunting or butchering would laugh at our aversion to all this, but that's why I don't do those things.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I could scoop up a dead animal and put it in the trash. It's the undead part that I'm struggling with.

I've decided to ignore the situation and either let someone else or some animal take care of it...

DavePNW

I've decided to ignore the situation and either let someone else or some animal take care of it...

I’m guessing it doesn’t have too much longer to go.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

We had a mouse problem in the townhouse I lived in before I moved in with DH. I put a trap in the kitchen & got one of the suckers. My male roommates left the damn thing for me to deal with. This after I watched a roommate almost climb the wall when one ran across the floor.

I must look like a mouse remover, cause a few years later I was at work and the VP's kids who was helping out in the summer came over to where my office was and said he caught a mouse in his mom's office and didn't know what else to do with it. The mouse had been in a flower arrangement & he threw the whole thing in a trash can. I called faciliies and let them deal with it. I didn't ask for details of what happened to the mouse.

I did not deal with the undead mouse caught in a sticky trap in my office. I pretty much sprinted to our facilities office and told them to deal with it.

onemile

I ran 10 with URP

DavePNW

7 miles at 4 PM. I only greeted other runners with “Morning” twice. 

Dave

GinnyinPA

Rest day, so I went to the woods for a walk. Despite the 50 degree weather, there was still ice on the trail.

The trouble with leaving the rat is that birds, cats or dogs could eat it and get poisoned. It needs to be tossed in the trash. Our dog was very good at finding things like that to eat, especially when it was dark.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Busy at work but I had time to lift. Much needed, especially after talking to my dad's doctors about how bad he is doing. If not in a pandemic I would be already on my way to PR but I can't even get in to see him so not sure me going there serves much purpose.

And my TM needs a new sensor or cable so I'll see when I get it. Fortunately, we are no longer in the surface of the sun and can run outside.

Damaris

DavePNW

The trouble with leaving the rat is that birds, cats or dogs could eat it and get poisoned. It needs to be tossed in the trash. Our dog was very good at finding things like that to eat, especially when it was dark.

And the thing could have bubonic plague.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

And the thing could have bubonic plague.

What's one more pandemic right now....

Damaris