Beginners and Beyond

Mondailies - Amber alert for LRB (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I would have to look back, but the same thing happened to me once. Strava was showing completely different splits than RA and my garmin

Mine does that but with Treadmill runs, which is also weird.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Phil is the king of hills though, he has 19k ft on half the miles.

And yet I still suck on hills.  I guess relative to the folks around here I do.  But then I do a Disney race and "A corral" runners struggle with highway overpasses.

The splits on RA are always the same as the splits I see in Garmin Connect.  Strava, however, does crazy things to it sometimes.

Yeah, Strava does weird things sometimes.  I trust Garmin to provide the right data and use Strava just for fun.  What pisses me off the most is when Strava understates my bike avg speed.  20.1 mph looks a lot better than 19.8!  

<3

Baboon

delicate flower

More people need to retire from this company because when they do there is CAAAAAAKE!!!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

So, is there time to call the FBI?  For LRB?

Damaris

DavePNW

Hey onemile: just got an email from Brooks that the Ghost 10s are here! OK then. I just started a new pair of 9s, and plan to stick with them till they are no longer available anywhere on the internets. Are you still on the 8, or did you move up to the 9 when they went on sale?

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Hey onemile: just got an email from Brooks that the Ghost 10s are here! OK then. I just started a new pair of 9s, and plan to stick with them till they are no longer available anywhere on the internets. Are you still on the 8, or did you move up to the 9 when they went on sale?

I love that the 10s are available in pink, and pink, and pink.  Think I'll go with the men's version again.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

And yet I still suck on hills.  I guess relative to the folks around here I do.  But then I do a Disney race and "A corral" runners struggle with highway overpasses.

Yeah it's all relative. I hate hills, avoid them whenever possible, and I think I suck at them. My weekday route is pretty flat, but hard to avoid them on the weekends. But I guess they must be doing something, since I seem to do more passing in races on uphills than anything else. I have still never done a hill repeat workout, I should really try that sometime.

Dave

DavePNW

I love that the 10s are available in pink, and pink, and pink.  Think I'll go with the men's version again.

Not all - you could get this one, and look like an actual ghost.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

Not all - you could get this one, and look like an actual ghost.

chasing the impossible

DavePNW

Anyway, isn't that what all girls like? Not sure why they didn't add sparkles, some frilly trim, and some little pompoms at the ends of the laces.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Anyway, isn't that what all girls like? Not sure why they didn't add sparkles, some frilly trim, and some little pompoms at the ends of the laces.

If any of those would make me faster, I'll buy them!

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

I'd take red shoes with sparkles over pink shoes.  For real.

chasing the impossible

onemile

Yes I am wearing the 9. I couldn't find my size anymore in the 8 and got a couple 9's on sale.  I actually like this one

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

A clear, unobstructed one mile loop in a major city would be a major score IMO.   I've got no problem doing circles.

Then you need to come run NC 24 at Edgewater Park in Cleveland some year.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                                    06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Those red ones are sweet.

Damaris