Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES' ponders the question... (Read 46 times)

LRB

So...when I was in Las Vegas, I noticed that the pain from whatever it was, gallbladder, etc., was worse but that tiger balm helped making it feel better.

That is when I thought there might be something else hurting that area. It was not muscular but I wanted to make sure it was not something around it rather than the gallbladder. On Tuesday, we were doing something in Pilates and it included twisting in the air after which the area hurt. We both exclaimed at once: a rib i...s out of place. How did I not thought of this? I ran in so much pain yesterday, I was nauseous and could not breathe.

I got to see my massage therapist at noon today. It took him an hour to pop it in place and yes, it was the 10th rib all in front and the back. The front part was pushing everything to the gallbladder area. It still hurts and it is taped but I can breathe now. So, if the pain does not come back, I'm done. If it does, I get a scan.

Now I ask myself, how long have I gotten this shit out of place?  At least a month, if not more!   I still have nausea from all the pain he caused me while moving it or whatever he did.

I didn't even know ribs could move.  

bluerun

Super B****

It's for warmup purposes only, thankfully. I would not want to actually work out on that boring thing, although the elliptical is not much better.

My log for the last few weeks would make you cry.

(Hell, it practically  makes ME cry.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

LRB

My log for the last few weeks would make you cry.

(Hell, it practically  makes ME cry.)

I haven't even opened mine since I logged that race. :sniffle:

bluerun

Super B****

I haven't even opened mine since I logged that race. :sniffle:

You mean you're not logging those ten minutes on the bike?!

chasing the impossible

LRB

You mean you're not logging those ten minutes on the bike?!

lol

I actually logged two walks that first year we came here FFS.

From the Internet.

So...when I was in Las Vegas, I noticed that the pain from whatever it was, gallbladder, etc., was worse but that tiger balm helped making it feel better.

That is when I thought there might be something else hurting that area. It was not muscular but I wanted to make sure it was not something around it rather than the gallbladder. On Tuesday, we were doing something in Pilates and it included twisting in the air after which the area hurt. We both exclaimed at once: a rib i...s out of place. How did I not thought of this? I ran in so much pain yesterday, I was nauseous and could not breathe.

I got to see my massage therapist at noon today. It took him an hour to pop it in place and yes, it was the 10th rib all in front and the back. The front part was pushing everything to the gallbladder area. It still hurts and it is taped but I can breathe now. So, if the pain does not come back, I'm done. If it does, I get a scan.

Now I ask myself, how long have I gotten this shit out of place?  At least a month, if not more!   I still have nausea from all the pain he caused me while moving it or whatever he did.

Holy moly, ouch!! Hope that fixes everything for you!

bluerun

Super B****

lol

I actually logged two walks that first year we came here FFS.

I did that last week

chasing the impossible

LRB

I did that last week

'Atta girl. Cool

Little Blue

D - that's great news!  Hopefully that's the end of it.  Ribs out of place hurt like hell, and take a while to recover after they've been put back.  My chiro hit one earlier this year, I had no idea it was out.  He was pushing on something else and accidentally put it back in place.  I almost cried, it hurt so bad.  He had to stop so I could get my breathing under control.  That sucker took about two weeks to stop hurting.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was painful.  Ouch.  This is the second one I've had out of place but the last one hurt my back not this shit. Hoping that is the end of it.

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

It was painful.  Ouch.  This is the second one I've had out of place but the last one hurt my back not this shit. Hoping that is the end of it.

Now we know you can take a ribbing.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

lol

GinnyinPA

Damaris - that is great news if this fixes the pain.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Haha.

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

4 on the treadmill.

LittleBlue, great news!

Docket, that sounds painful, hopefully this will resolve the pain.