Beginners and Beyond

Fresh Start Mondailies (Read 55 times)

LRB

Yeah...taking today as an USRD. I feel awful. Just woke up from a 2.5 hr nap and popped some Sudafed. I never get sick...but if it has to happen, I'd rather it happen now than in 4 weeks - days out from running NYC!

That's great. I suck at the distance but would be tickled pink if I can ever pull a NYC qualifier out of my backside.

Baboon

delicate flower

IDK anything about Map My Run, but most of us upload workouts from our Garmins. You can set up RA to automatically sync with GarminConnect. Then you just need to go in manually to enter type of workout, route, and shoes (if you want).

What DaveP said.  Once my Garmin syncs, it automatically pushes the data to my RA log, Strava, Beginner Triathlete, Training Peaks, and who the hell knows where else.

<3

onemile

That's great. I suck at the distance but would be tickled pink if I can ever pull a NYC qualifier out of my backside.

Please hurry

not lazy, just tired

Gorgeous fall weather here. Did an easy 6 miles. Anyone know if there's a way to upload runs to RA from an Apple watch?

Not if it makes sense.

KCRuns

IDK anything about Map My Run, but most of us upload workouts from our Garmins. You can set up RA to automatically sync with GarminConnect. Then you just need to go in manually to enter type of workout, route, and shoes (if you want).

OK, thank you!  That will take care of at least half of them, so that's good, and then I'll just do the rest manually.

DavePNW

What DaveP said.  Once my Garmin syncs, it automatically pushes the data to my RA log, Strava, Beginner Triathlete, Training Peaks, and who the hell knows where else.

No doubt some FBI database.

Dave

DavePNW

Nice paces for your MP run yesterday. Just checked your log.

Although I have been doing this long enough to know that this may have no correlation to paces on race day. And I thought it felt harder than maybe it should have. But still always better to have a successful workout than a fail.

Dave

onemile

Although I have been doing this long enough to know that this may have no correlation to paces on race day. And I thought it felt harder than maybe it should have. But still always better to have a successful workout than a fail.

You can ease up to a 7:49 pace on race day

bluerun

Super B****

My legs HATE me.  And they need to get over it.

25 trainer miles, earlier than usual because I had to get my blood sucked (again since I am an idiot and only printed out 1/5 pages of the prescription)... of course, now that I actually bothered to make an appointment, the lab was empty.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

bluerun

Super B****

Yeah...taking today as an USRD. I feel awful. Just woke up from a 2.5 hr nap and popped some Sudafed. I never get sick...but if it has to happen, I'd rather it happen now than in 4 weeks - days out from running NYC!

Oh, all the cool kids do that... I got sick a couple of weeks before NYC last year too.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

DavePNW

You can ease up to a 7:49 pace on race day

If only.

Dave

onemile

If only.

You held onto it for 20 miles last time. Might as well try again

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No doubt some FBI database.

Indeed...

Damaris

DavePNW

You held onto it for 20 miles last time. Might as well try again

Yeah my general thought was to go out around the same pace as last time, and see if I can hold on longer.

But that was ~7:50-7:52. I figure for a legit BQ-5, I'd need about 5 seconds faster than that on my Garmin. As you well know, 5 sec/mile doesn't sound like much, but over the course of a marathon it's huge. Not sure why I'd expect to hold a faster pace for a longer time, after only another ~4 months of training. And for the last one I was healthy, well-trained, and on a flat course. It was however slightly on the warm side; this one should probably be a bit cooler, so maybe that will help.

Gotta get to the starting line first, so I just need to spend the next two weeks ensconced in bubble wrap slathered with hand sanitizer.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran 5 with (4 x 2 min) + 6 min  w/2 min

Was going for 6 x 2 min w/2 min, but for some reason the fast pace was killing me so I improvised an alternative.

Will run again tonight. 6 or 7 easy.

MTA: I dunno how to sync an Apple Watch to RA. Like Dave and Baboon and many others, I have a Garmin and it syncs with everything there is to sync with.