Beginners and Beyond

Sundailies (Read 38 times)

DavePNW

19:40 GDI.  My second best 5K.  A runner could do worse.

Nice! What a difference a week makes - a week ago you'd be over the moon about this time. Splits?

Dave

LRB

What a difference a week makes - a week ago you'd be over the moon about this time.

lol

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice! What a difference a week makes - a week ago you'd be over the moon about this time. Splits?

Pfft. its Old Hat to him now.  Wink

StepbyStep-SH

Well done, Baboon!

This has been basically a big cutback week for running due to weather (rain) and lethargy. I did run a 5k with DS yesterday (we finished in just under 30 minutes) and had run a little over 3 miles Friday. Otherwise, not much in the workout realm.

DS was at a birthday party sleepover last night, so DH and I took advantage of 12+ hours without responsibilities to go out and enjoy ourselves. And now I'm enjoying the quiet house, too, because DS came home from the sleepover and promptly took himself to bed for a nap - apparently there wasn't much SLEEP in the "over."

Sorry I'm not keeping up in here lately. Take care, runners!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

outoftheblue

Another session on the elliptical planned, with a few minutes of brisk walking on the TM planned.

Most of my life has been revolving around my dog.  She's home now, bright-eyed with a wagging tail.  But she still can't use her back legs and it's driving her crazy not to be able to go outside to use the bathroom on her own terms.  She has managed to go once outside with us supporting her in a sling, so we are hoping she will gradually become used to being helped.   Otherwise she just holds it until she is desperate enough to go in her bed.  Sorry if this is TMI.  It's hard to watch my girl struggle.

Life is good.

Baboon

delicate flower

Splits were 6:15, 6:24, 6:15, 6:16.  Unlike last race, today I ran as hard as I could.  I am actually very happy with this.  Sure sub-19 would have been great, but this is my second fastest 5K, and my last two have been my best.  This course was tougher than I remember and certainly tougher than the Thanksgiving race.  I am really happy with all the sub-20's this year.  Today's race came with a winter hat instead of  a shirt, which is pretty sweet.  And two sugar cookies post-race.  Brunch after with DW and the Oski's (Mr. O went sub-19 for the first time, after a 19:03 yesterday.  Beast.).  Good times.

OA 48/1980

AG 5/88

My next scheduled race is a HM at the end of February that is basically unPRable.

And that is my RR.

<3

workinprogress11

Splits were 6:15, 6:24, 6:15, 6:16.  Unlike last race, today I ran as hard as I could.  I am actually very happy with this.  Sure sub-19 would have been great, but this is my second fastest 5K, and my last two have been my best.  This course was tougher than I remember and certainly tougher than the Thanksgiving race.  I am really happy with all the sub-20's this year.  Today's race came with a winter hat instead of  a shirt, which is pretty sweet.  And two sugar cookies post-race.  Brunch after with DW and the Oski's (Mr. O went sub-19 for the first time, after a 19:03 yesterday.  Beast.).  Good times.

OA 48/1980

AG 5/88

My next scheduled race is a HM at the end of February that is basically unPRable.

And that is my RR.

Short and sweet, just like the sugar cookies.  Yum.

You've had a heck of a year. I really admire your dedication and willingness to say what the hell and go for it and to be ok with it if you don't quite get there. Great job on the 2nd best 5k. Congratulations!

workinprogress11

4 miles. My breathing started out yucky again but somehow seemed to work itself out (I have no idea how) around mile 2.5 so I finished strongly.

Baboon

delicate flower

I love the hat this race comes with.  Last year, this year.  Smile  Shirts are available for purchase.

<3

DavePNW

OA 48/1980

AG 5/88

That's a pretty fast field.

8 miles, 56 for the week.

Dave

outoftheblue

I love the hat this race comes with.  Last year, this year.  Smile  Shirts are available for purchase.

Sweet.

Life is good.

Hip Redux

That's a pretty fast field.

8 miles, 56 for the week.

Mr O has spent the last 20 minutes doing an analysis of age groupers from prior years to this year.  In this I was informed that the woman who won last year wouldn't have placed in the top 3 this year.

#coolstorybro

onemile

I ran 8.

LRB

Another session on the elliptical planned, with a few minutes of brisk walking on the TM planned.

Most of my life has been revolving around my dog.  She's home now, bright-eyed with a wagging tail.  But she still can't use her back legs and it's driving her crazy not to be able to go outside to use the bathroom on her own terms.  She has managed to go once outside with us supporting her in a sling, so we are hoping she will gradually become used to being helped.   Otherwise she just holds it until she is desperate enough to go in her bed.  Sorry if this is TMI.  It's hard to watch my girl struggle.

So what was the diagnosis? Was it a disk issue as the second doc surmised?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Baboon, another nice race. The hat is great. Nice to get something besides a t-shirt.

Outofthe blue, so sorry you are going through this with your dog. We went through something similar last year with ours where she couldn't really be left alone because she would get stuck going from sitting to standing. Hopefully your girl adapts to getting help. It's certainly stressful on everyone, dog and humans.