Beginners and Beyond

Sluggardly Mondailies (Read 20 times)

sdWhiskers

I was just looking at Space Coast to see if Baboon & I are racing on the same day again, but I guess not. It's on the same day as Seattle which I did last year, but if I do CIM that's a week later. Also noticed that the start time is 6:00 AM, and shuttle buses start to pick up from the hotels at 3:45 AM.  Have fun with that. Although maybe that's not as bad as a Disney race, IDK, but you won't catch me doing one of those either.

Don't CIM buses pick up at 430am or so?

Looks like SD RnR starts at 615am and I haven't thought about how I'll get to the start yet. Maybe husband drop-off FTW. I had previously purchased the VIP parking right at the finish line that included shuttle to the start and private PoPs but they cancelled that service altogether. The website is showing an expected race temp of 68F for that time of year 

delicate flower

There is no need to take the buses, though. We park like right by the finish line or thereabouts (for free).

Yeah we drive from Orlando and park right there in town.  I go into this race expecting a four hour sleep night, and anything more is a bonus.  It's the sleep 2-3 nights before that matters.

<3

LOL you got me there. Actually you made me check, the buses start loading at 5:00.

Dave

Yeah we drive from Orlando and park right there in town.  I go into this race any marathon expecting a four hour sleep night, and anything more is a bonus.  It's the sleep 2-3 nights before that matters.

This.

Dave

Looks like SD RnR starts at 615am and I haven't thought about how I'll get to the start yet. Maybe husband drop-off FTW. I had previously purchased the VIP parking right at the finish line that included shuttle to the start and private PoPs but they cancelled that service altogether. The website is showing an expected race temp of 68F for that time of year 

You might start doing some extra stuff for DH now, so you have favors to call in when the time comes.

It rarely get too hot here, but they moved Seattle RnR to August 22. So if it's ever going to get hot, that'll do it. Although (1) start is 6:30, pretty early for these parts, and (2) they're only doing a half this year.

Dave

sdWhiskers

You might start doing some extra stuff for DH now, so you have favors to call in when the time comes.

He spent today golfing which meant I had to do school dropoff and pickup. So, I'm already ahead!

sdWhiskers

LOL you got me there. Actually you made me check, the buses start loading at 5:00.

I think I got in line for the buses at least 15-20 min prior. But maybe if you show up closer to 5:30, there just isn't a line.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5 miles with strides.

There is no race I would want to do enough to get up at 3am.

DavePNW, so you're saying if I find a race that I need a ride to, I should remind DH of the hours I spent in the ER parking lot?

sdWhiskers

Anyone watching Mets-Braves? I've never seen so much blood in a baseball game. Mets guy hit in face by pitch and blood pouring everywhere. Took like 10 min for grounds crew to scoop it all up.

Anyone watching Mets-Braves? I've never seen so much blood in a baseball game. Mets guy hit in face by pitch and blood pouring everywhere. Took like 10 min for grounds crew to scoop it all up.

No but I’m gonna look for that video!

MTA: found it, but apparently edited out all the gore. Bases were loaded, so got an RBI out of it! That is seriously taking one for the team.

MTA: found an unexpurgated version. 

Dave

sdWhiskers

No but I’m gonna look for that video!

MTA: found it, but apparently edited out all the gore. Bases were loaded, so got an RBI out of it! That is seriously taking one for the team.

Yeah I figured it would be hard to find in its entirety.

Even MrW the nurse was shocked at the amount of blood spewing everywhere. Pitcher looked like he would either faint or cry.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I remember getting on the bus for RnR SD before the sun came out.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

When you say it starts too late, you mean it starts later than the last ice age, because there is no time of day when the humidity won't destroy you.

Pretty much.

Damaris