Beginners and Beyond

GU in a flask (Read 22 times)

strawberry gel 

That sounds OK to me. I used to use the strawberry-banana Gu sometimes, but I started sticking only to the flavors containing caffeine, which that one does not.

This reminds me, I need to pick up some more, I used my last two on Sunday. I used to run HMs with no gel, but I've started taking one at ~mile 7.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The strawberry or it may have been strawberry banana, was awful. I nearly gagged on it. I had gone to Performance Bikes to buy an assortment of GU to try before my full. If you are wondering why I went to a bike store, closer than any LRS and my fav Holabird Sports only sells that stuff buy the case.

The strawberry or it may have been strawberry banana, was awful. I nearly gagged on it. I had gone to Performance Bikes to buy an assortment of GU to try before my full. If you are wondering why I went to a bike store, closer than any LRS and my fav Holabird Sports only sells that stuff buy the case.

I actually like all the Gu flavors pretty much. Although I haven't tried any bizarre ones. The only one I cannot take is the Chocolate Outrage, which is funny because I like everything chocolate. But this stuff sort of has the consistency and density of chocolate frosting, so just does not go down too well on a run. (Chocolate Peanut Butter is actually about the same; regular Peanut Butter is OK, but no caffeine, so it's off the list.)

Also, I usually get them at the LRS which is about 3/4 mile from my house. They must hate me, because I never buy any shoes or gear there, just Gu. Hopefully other people spend more money there, so they stay in business. Didn't work so well for a small local hardware store I used to live near. I would go there if I just needed to pick up a few screws or something, and spend like 25 cents. If I wanted to spend $500 on a lawnmower, I'd go to Home Depot or Lowe's. Somehow the small hardware store went out of business. 

Dave

Holabird Sports 

Also also, every time I see this name, I think "I ain't no Holabird girl".

Sorry. Back to your regularly scheduled activities. Slow day at work.

Dave

onemile

I think I tried the strawberry banana one during my last marathon. Because they were handing them out.  Def not my favorite.

I like Espresso Love the best

I like Espresso Love the best

Oh yeah.

Dave

LRB

Oh yeah.

Nope.

Peanut butter, apple, lime and salted caramel for me. I've tried about a dozen others which were not to my liking for various reasons.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I like the salted caramel & the chocolate.

Oddly with strawberry, I like strawberry Cliff blocks, but the shot/gel was gag inducing.

Tri-Berry, Blackberry, Vanilla, Salted Caramel, Caramel Macchiato (something I've never had the real version of), Espresso Love.

Dave