Beginners and Beyond

Slip Sliding TuesDAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

When is that big five-oh coming anyway?

May.

I could also eat $50 worth of desserts...which might yield a single blueberry at The Rugby Grille in The Townsend Hotel.

LRB

For me it would begin on Aug 31st. Everyone finishes at noon on Labor Day. It's in Tennessee. I think it's put on by the same RD that does the Barkley Marathons.

Also known as HOT.

zzyzx

lat pulldown, pec fly, standing calf...  then I did a modify 3/4 stair challenge untimed. Good enough for a day when I woke with a migraine

RunningOnSand

I have a friend who runs her age in miles for her birthday...she did 38 last year. And she's not an ultra runner. That's crazy town.

You guys, it's 30*F here! I'm overjoyed. I way overdressed for my run (in a modest lightweight LS shirt and lightweight jacket) but the sun and warmth felt so great. So I obviously ran 5.3 on my day off. Too nice to not run! And coach has me scaling back to 4 days a week of running (gearing up for a big year of goals & running? I have 3 or 4 HM scheduled, and 1 FM), with the exception of if I feel up to running a 5th day per week for stress relief, I may. I am in the opposite mindset that I need to keep it at 5x/wk running, and should probably bump it up to 6 to get a good mileage base. 

I'm also eating chips, cheese & salsa. Screw the veggies.

RunningOnSand

lat pulldown, pec fly, standing calf...  then I did a modify 3/4 stair challenge untimed. Good enough for a day when I woke with a migraine

Sounds awful. Hope it goes away soon.

bluerun

Super B****

At a certain point, it's okay to insert a decimal for your birthday run... instead of running 50 miles, 5.0 will do.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

At a certain point, it's okay to insert a decimal for your birthday run... instead of running 50 miles, 5.0 will do.

Or make it 50 400m laps.

DavePNW

For me it would begin on Aug 31st. Everyone finishes at noon on Labor Day. It's in Tennessee. I think it's put on by the same RD that does the Barkley Marathons.

Now it makes sense.

7 miles.

Dave

Cyberic

GDI my boss called a 15 minutes meeting juuuuuust before lunch time. As I knew would happen, a 15 minutes meeting with her is impossible. Took 35 minutes. Didin't have time to run after that. Now I'm screwed. Not sure what I'll do for my run today.

DavePNW

I ran 13 miles on my 50th birthday. Because that's what I was scheduled for that day.

Dave

DavePNW

I could also eat $50 worth of desserts...which might yield a single blueberry at The Rugby Grille in The Townsend Hotel.

Our wedding was at the Townsend Hotel. For a number of years we made it a tradition to go to dinner at the Rugby Grille for our anniversary. Yes you can certainly drop some coin there. But good.

Dave

Bert-o

I lost my rama

Sounds like something he would do.  That would be really cool if you decide to do it!  The Rundle's Revenge 25K sounds like a fun race too.  I've learned my lesson that distance is an irrational number in mountain runs.

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

Runshortii

That's happend to me, except it was from my finger to the display. The spark was about an inch long, it hurt, and I lost all the run data of my run to that point!

Huh, i spark sometimes on the treadmill but I didn’t know it could shut the whole thing down. Maybe I should get a humidifier.

SRD for me. Back to work tomorrow after my 6 day stretch off. I feel like I’ve hardly worked because the weekend of New Year’s Day and that was my holidays off so I didn’t work either.

LRB

Or you can just buy me five shots. I like B-52s, layered, of course.

LRB

Huh, i spark sometimes on the treadmill but I didn’t know it could shut the whole thing down. Maybe I should get a humidifier.

SRD for me. Back to work tomorrow after my 6 day stretch off. I feel like I’ve hardly worked because the weekend of New Year’s Day and that was my holidays off so I didn’t work either.

As long as you keep touching some part of the treadmill, it won't build up. The longer you go without touching it and thus, discharging, the bigger the jolt!