Beginners and Beyond

Frozen hands: I am not going through this crap again! (Read 147 times)

LRB

What you need to do is learn to run with your hands down the front of your running pants....then you not only keep your hands warm but also....   Wink

Last winter in a -6 degree wind chill, I actually ran with my gloved hands in my jacket pockets!  Fawk it was cold that day!

Nevrgivup

I have this same issue. My hands are frozen after a 90 minute run. The tips of my fingers hurt so bad with my last long run, that I had them under hot water to help ease the pain. That is not normal IMO.  I could not find nice mittens so I ended up finding Nike liner like gloves to wear under my fuzzy gloves. I was never diagnosed with Raynaud's, but would not be surprised if I didn't have a mild case of this. The nice thing about the liners, is that they are cute (black with green polka-dots) and the fact that I can wear them come spring by themselves when its a bit warmer out.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

skygazer

Some gloves for outdoor activities, such as hiking, may work better than those you get from running stores. I recently picked up a new pair from REI. Haven't tried them on for running in really cold temperature yet. But they seem to be more able to keep my hands warm, compared to my running gloves.