Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES: All Aboard! (Read 45 times)

B.S. - Congrats on getting a nice runniversary present!

Dave

What 3 did you get Jay?

Adidas Tempo 5 - lightweight stability is my bread + butter, so I'm gonna try these in rotation opposite Elixirs instead of another pair of DS-Trainers, which are starting to feel a little too rotund.  If they suck, they can always be demoted to work shoes.

Saucony Mirage 3 - low drop for less heel-striking during racing and tempo runs.  The original Mirages I have are sadly starting to show their age.

Mizuno Ekiden - another experimental purchase. I haven't used flats since high school, but racing 5K's in the same class of shoe I wear for marathons doesn't seem right.  Also, got a mile race coming up. Wink  4.7oz, rawr.

Redrum - hope the rest goes well

Oski - veggie chopping and kayaking are great cross-training, haha

Beth - woot, congrats to you and hubby on the matching AG placement!  LOL at jumping in the lake.

Hobbit - good job surviving the conference

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Glad you're back home!

Hello everyone, I survived my week at a training conference for work. It's soooooo good to be back home. I got a couple of nice runs in while in Pittsburgh, but overall I felt like a sloth having to sit through all-day training sessions. I had to work today, but snuck in 3 with some fartleks in the neighborhood between storms. I'm off tomorrow and looking forward to getting back to my greenways.

Congrats to Mr. & Mrs. Just B.S.!

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Beth, congrats!

Damaris

Rick, thank you for starting today's thread. Smokin' fourteen.

Dave, great sweaty fifteen. That was very thoughtful on your fellow runner.

Tom, I'm glad that the cruise shakeout left you feeling better than when you started.

Damaris, sweet early six.

DaveP MI, I hope that you enjoyed yoga.

jjs22, I'm drooling at the sound of those mushrooms.

Marjorie, terrific 21.1.

Rondog65, bravo on the 10.76. it's good to see you progressing so nicely.

Ric-G, excellent easy eight.

Phil, awesome fifteen.

scottydawg, amazing 3.6.

kristin10185, great job with the 4.0 yesterday. I hope that today's LR was even better.

Jay, mindblowing 20.3.

SIAR, sweet 10.72.

B-Plus, amazing eighteen.

Shari, that sounds like a pleasant SRD.

redrum, fantastic four on the TM.

Oski, brava on the paddling.

Beth, congratulations to you and DH on wonderful HM times!

Nicole, great job sneaking three miles into a busy day.

Friday afternoon, I went on a bender at Winmill Fabric. I bought four (one black, one fucshia, one royal blue, and one purple) 5 1/4-yard lengths of cotton, one 5 1/2 yard length of black peau de soie, and a three-yard remnant of a silver-and-bronze bamboo brocade of black satin. I also bought a few zippers, hooks and eyes, and spools of thread in colors to go with each fabric. I'm set to make five skirts, four tops, and a dress. I'll spend this week preparing the fabric. I'll start tracing, cutting, and, hopefully, sewing next week.

I also visited a friend at the salon where he works for a cut and color. I'm loving the black dye he uses.

I've been having a very good today. It was the first day of the past ten that I haven't had to take any ibuprofen. I ran twice. Shortly after noon, I squeezed 2.0 miles in 19:49.78 (9:55) between errands. Earlier this evening, I did this week's prescribed LR, 10.0 miles, as a progression run on the TM:

6.1mph (9:49)
              6.2mph (9:40)
              6.3mph (9:31)
              6.4mph (9:22)
              6.5mph (9:13)
              6.6mph (9:05)
              6.7mph (8:57)
              6.8mph (8:49)
              6.9mph (8:41)
              7.0mph (8:34)

I'm still wary of running without easy access to a toilet, but today makes me feel hopeful about finishing Baystate pain-free and without making a pit stop at a porta-potty.

Earlier today, I visited a local hardware store and bought a bunch of washers from to use as pattern weights when tracing onto fabric. Also to help with that, I bought a roll of tracing paper from Blick.

I'm now on my way home to do push-ups and ab work, eat, and park my posterior in a space called bed.

B-Plus

Adidas Tempo 5 - lightweight stability is my bread + butter, so I'm gonna try these in rotation opposite Elixirs instead of another pair of DS-Trainers, which are starting to feel a little too rotund.  If they suck, they can always be demoted to work shoes.

Saucony Mirage 3 - low drop for less heel-striking during racing and tempo runs.  The original Mirages I have are sadly starting to show their age.

Mizuno Ekiden - another experimental purchase. I haven't used flats since high school, but racing 5K's in the same class of shoe I wear for marathons doesn't seem right.  Also, got a mile race coming up. Wink  4.7oz, rawr.

I hear you about the DSTs. The pair I had got relegated to recovery run duty because they felt a bit too clunky for my liking. FWIW, I log most of my miles in the Elixir, and the DS-Racer is my go-to speedwork and racing shoe.

LRB

26th Half Marathon today on 10th Anniversary of my first at age 41. Which was also my first race.

Swam in a lake?  Uh, yeah, no.  Congrats!

Nice run B!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I did a great 9 miles.  Felt good the whole way. I stopped at 9 and didn't go for 10 mostly cuz I was reallllly hungry, and my Garmin chirped at me that I had hit 9 miles just as I was passing an outdoor wine bar I really like so I decided I wanted to sit and have some wine and food instead of running another mile. Valid reason right? Lol/  It was a really cool run and I took several pictures on the way that I would like to share, but since it's just about bed time I will post them tomorrow!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

I hear you about the DSTs. The pair I had got relegated to recovery run duty because they felt a bit too clunky for my liking.

For me, they are the lightest shoe I own, and they are really not a light shoe.  It sucks to need stability shoes, we miss out on all the good stuff.