Beginners and Beyond

The Sundailies are hot hot hot! (Read 58 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Had a nice tea party with some attorney friends, then ran/walk with hubby for 3.25 miles.  I think he just told me to sign him for the SF 5K in two weeks (while I do the marathon).  Score!

Anyway, 3.25 and weights.  I need to taper, after all, because next week I won't be....

Asthma appointment tomorrow.  Getting scared about the results (numbers) not so scared about how exciting she is going to be for me.

Damaris

B-Plus

Thanks Jay. I'm definitely feeling like I'm getting back into a groove again. I purposely took it easy today. Normally I severely negative split my LRs. My next goal race is Chicago, with a couple of 10ks along the way. I'm signed up for a half in a few weeks, but I'm DNSing it. Now that I think of it, it is 3 years ago this month that I ran my last marathon.

Great workout for you today ... I can't imagine. So far I've only done starvation runs first thing in the morning, do there is still some leftover fuel from the night before.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

"Thank you, Mr. Docket, for registering for the San Francisco Marathon 5K Run/Walk."

He has now hidden himself in his computer room yelling 5th Amendment.  I think the nervousness is expected, no?

Damaris

LRB

What's the letter to the president going to be about?

Just something that has annoyed the hell out of me for the past ten years.   If anything comes of it, I'll keep you posted.

Robert31320

Team TJ

4.3 miles done Dead

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I am afraid to ask how they went....

4.3 miles done Dead

Damaris

Robert31320

Team TJ

I am afraid to ask how they went....

I ate chili for lunch.  At 4.1 miles it was borderline ugly....

Running for TJ because he can't.

kristin10185, wonderful that you spent time with your family and ran 2.25 pain-free.

Scott, fantastic five.

Nicole, I hope that strength training, yoga, and kitty time were fun.

Rick, I'm sorry that you weren't feeling into the twelve.

Marjorie, sweet 16.2.

Zelanie, I'm happy that you're getting back into running. I wish that I read my body's signals as well as you doSad

Phil, seventy-five miles? Your quads must be on fire!

Jack, I hope that the baby shower was bearable.

SIAR, terrific twelve. I hope that the rest of marathon training is even better.

scappodaqui, what are ladders?

B-Plus, amazing fifteen.

jjs22, great hilly run.

Rondog65, fantastic 4.75.

AmiK, I'm glad that you were able to run some? Do you do any strength training for your lower body?

Jay, excellent eighteen almost-fasted runs.

Damaris, sweet 3.25. DH is doing wonderfully.

Robert, fantastic 4.3.

I am thrilled. Because of the strong sun, the humidity, and it hovering close to 80F, I just ran comfortably. I'm saving the zoom for the B.A.A. 10K in three weeks.

Weights, forty push-ups, forty-five minutes on the AMT, and ab work are done. So am I. Good night!

Just missing MP by 11 secs on those last 5 miles is actually pretty good and I actually think you should take some confidence from it.  What distance race did you miss?

Thanks, just a 5K.  It will be frustrating if results go up and I would have been contending for 1st, but c'est la vie.

Zelanie

Zelanie, I'm happy that you're getting back into running. I wish that I read my body's signals as well as you doSad

If I'd have read my body's signals well enough, I've have taken a cutback week after my race in March and might not be dealing with this at all.  Totally missed the boat.  Whereas you did a nice job recognizing when you weren't feeling it last week, and ended up having a great race this week!

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Basya--a  'ladder' is just another word for intervals of various lengths but you go 'up the ladder' in distance, so like running 200-400-600-800.  Sometimes you can also 'come back down' the ladder the other way, like 200-400-600-800-600-400-200.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb