Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES can dance (Read 47 times)

onemile

I run with pepper spray on two of the routes that dogs frequent. I got it from a Amazon, it's the size of of a tube of lipstick and I will blast the eyeball out of one them fucks without hesitation!

That's a really fucked up bruise, what dd the owners have to say?

I think it looks more bruised than it was because they put some iodine on it.  They were pretty apologetic. They offered to put ice on it, brought me a bottle of water, cleaned it up and gave me a bandage. And their contact information.  At least the ankle biter had his rabies vax.

LRB

I think it looks more bruised than it was because they put some iodine on it.  They were pretty apologetic. They offered to put ice on it, brought me a bottle of water, cleaned it up and gave me a bandage. And their contact information.  At least the ankle biter had his rabies vax.

You may or may not remember the encounter I had with a dog last summer, I wrote about it in a thread. It was very unsettling. I vowed that day the next time that bitch comes at me he is going to get his comeuppance and I mean that shit.

onemile

Don't let that little fuck chase you off your route. Buy a couple of these. It will fit in the front or rear pocket of your running shorts. Then, the next time that fuck shows up, blast his fucking grill off for him!

Have you ever used it? I should have kicked the bastard. It all just happened so fast. I have been charged by dogs before but I just stop running and yell at them to GO HOME and they backed off.

LRB

Have you ever used it?

I have not, but do not run the routes "Hood North"  or "Hood out & back" without it.

Hindsight is 20/20, you cannot change what happened but you can be better prepared for what might happen next.

I run with pepper spray on two of the routes that dogs frequent. I got it from a Amazon, it's the size of of a tube of lipstick and I will blast the eyeball out of one them fucks without hesitation!

On my route, I would use that on cyclists.

Dave

LRB

On my route, I would use that on cyclists.

And deservedly so. One came up on me the other week and said "on your left" just as he was about to pass me, sending my dumb ass into the stratosphere. If I would have had a gun, I would have shot that bitch dead.

B-Plus

The plan was to do 6x1k and I just started my first interval and a fucking dog ran out and bit me twice, on my calf and ankle. I yelled NO at him and he backed off and his owners collected him. It was just a little dog but punctured the skin and bruised up the two spots he got me. What sucks is that is my usual route for speedwork and I run back and forth past their house and I felt like I couldn't do that so I just ran home.

Fuck

Call animal control and report it, so it's documented. The next time it may not be an adult female the dog goes after.

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
                  We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes
                  Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Ugh, onemile.  That sucks!

Damaris