Beginners and Beyond

sufferin succotash SaturDAILIES (Read 28 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I don't know. Not saying you're wrong but not convinced you're right. Isn't it hot in some African countries? Surely they don't all have access to TMs and AC.

Maybe it's like in the winter (here) and you have to stop thinking about pace, and rely on effort ( maybe HR works in the heat).

Most of the elites run on the TMs as often as outside (depending on what they need at a given time not due to weather) from the articles I have read. At least the ones that come here to train. They don’t have as much access when they go to africa to train, though, but they don’t do all the training there.

BTW, most of the elites come from African countries at altitude.

Damaris

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

late posting...ran 16 this morning, 76 and sort of humid when I started, not sure what it was when I finished, but was mostly before the sun got out from behind the clouds and made it really hot. Was hoping to do some tempo for the last 8-10 miles but just wasn't happening.  Slogged through at fairly consistent 8:20 pace.

Did get a break around 4.5 miles when nature called and had to "check in" at the local luxury hotel's rest room.  Mexican the night before a long run just never works well...

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Had to run my 6 with half my lunch on my stomach because hubby had his LR too and we needed to split the TM.

lifted after my run

Damaris

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Most of the elites run on the TMs as often as outside (depending on what they need at a given time not due to weather) from the articles I have read. At least the ones that come here to train. They don’t have as much access when they go to africa to train, though, but they don’t do all the training there.

BTW, most of the elites come from African countries at altitude.

Eldoret, where many of the top Kenyan runners come from, has an average high ranging from 72F in July and August to 79F in February and March.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Had to run my 6 with half my lunch on my stomach because hubby had his LR too and we needed to split the TM.

lifted after my run

I'm so conditioned to running in the morning, on an empty stomach, that I can't even imagine running after a meal anymore.

LRB

I'm so conditioned to running in the morning, on an empty stomach, that I can't even imagine running after a meal anymore.

That's me during the week. On the weekends though, I sometimes run so late in the morning that I have to eat something or I'll struggle. Nothing extremely heavy but something of substance for sure.

Did get a break around 4.5 miles when nature called and had to "check in" at the local luxury hotel's rest room.  Mexican the night before a long run just never works well...

For me, does not matter what I had the night before.

Where do you live?

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Eldoret, where many of the top Kenyan runners come from, has an average high ranging from 72F in July and August to 79F in February and March.

That does not sound like too hot (extreme heat).

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

For me, does not matter what I had the night before.

Where do you live?

I love Mexican food the night before marathons, never an issue.  I can eat mostly everything the night before, fortunately.

I have a friend that basically eats chicken (plain) and maybe some bread.  She cannot tolerate much before a race.

Damaris

I love Mexican food the night before marathons, never an issue.  I can eat mostly everything the night before, fortunately.

I have a friend that basically eats chicken (plain) and maybe some bread.  She cannot tolerate much before a race.

Night before, I don’t care. Although usually do the pasta thing for marathons. Morning of, I’m pretty particular. But probably most of us are.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Dave and others will share my excitement at these:

First, Blade with Mahershala Ali instead of Wesley Snipes (I loved the Blade movies so we shall see).  And then:

Damaris

^ cool. I never saw the first Blade.

Also it’s not indicated, but I’m pretty sure some of those will be TV shows.

The main ones of interest are Black Widow (that could be awesome), Doctor Strange, and Thor. I just looked it up the next Thor will be directed by Taika Waititi, who did Ragnarok, so that bodes well. My questions - where are GOTG 3 (I thought that would be the next Thor vehicle), Black Panther 2, Spider-Man 3 (which I am super excited about after the ending of FFH)?

I guess they also announced that there is a new Fantastic 4 in development as well as plans for X-Men, now that Disney has all that.

Dave

RunningOnSand

D, yeah baby!! That is really exciting.

LRB

Pfft, I'm really feeling some kind of way with Marvel right now. The whole thing feels empty.