Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - April showers > cold March rain (Read 34 times)

DavePNW

I have no clue what my girl friend runners go through

Probably this.

Dave

Cyberic

After 100 days and 1147 miles, I'm calling it a streak.

Cyberic

Probably this.

Probably. But, I will ask them. It's not going to change anything for them, but I feel like showing empathy, because it just sucks.

GinnyinPA

Hi Jack!  Have fun in Boston.

LM - sorry you went through this. I don't know if it's because I'm old or where I live, but I've never had any issues while running.

DavePNW

Probably. But, I will ask them. It's not going to change anything for them, but I feel like showing empathy, because it just sucks.

I think most men do not have a clue of what many/most women go through on a regular basis - in public and in the workplace. Although there's certainly more awareness now than there used to be.

Dave

onemile

After 100 days and 1147 miles, I'm calling it a streak.

That's a very impressive 11+   miles per day average

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I think most men do not have a clue of what many/most women go through on a regular basis - in public and in the workplace. Although there's certainly more awareness now than there used to be.

You cannot even imagine all the shit.

Damaris

RunningOnSand

They didn't remark on my anatomy, didn't grope me, didn't make yucky comments about getting intimate with me.  They just intentionally did something to make me be afraid and feel unsafe because I'm female and they can get away with it and that's some kind of fucked up sport for them.

Sad I'm so sorry, LM. That is absolutely unacceptable and that dumbfuckery will come around. Karma, bitches.

Must've been the weekend for asshole bikers. I, too, had a run in with them yesterday whilst on my run. There were 3 of them on those weird spinny wheely bikes, and they also drove around me, very slowly. They'd bike ahead, slowly, then turn their heads to look at me, then just stop. And wait. Til I was about 5 ft away from then. They'd be totally blocking the path, too. Then they'd pedal ahead, and then repeat, repeat, repeat. For 3 fucking miles. So After the first stint I called my husband and ran while I was on speaker phone with him. They finally rode ahead a bit faster and didn't bug me anymore. Fuckers.

RunningOnSand

You cannot even imagine all the shit.

+1. Sad

sdWhiskers

I've been running in shorts exclusively for 2 weeks now.  My laundry is so much smaller!  Although, the overnight lows here have been around 58, which is not terrible, but I would be ok with colder.

Woah, I haven't worn anything but shorts...since I moved to CA. We're probably a little bit warmer than you though.

Sorry about the verbal assaults. I feel like I've encountered more creepiness at the grocery store than out running in my neck of the woods. The incidents that I've had have been obvious mental health issues with the local homeless population; not that it gets a pass but is maybe less unpredictable if that makes sense (i.e. I avoid bridges and parks where folks are sleeping).

And yes, cyclists time trialing on multi-use paths labeled with 8 mph speed limits should get sticks thrown in their $10K rims.

Sad I'm so sorry, LM. That is absolutely unacceptable and that dumbfuckery will come around. Karma, bitches.

Must've been the weekend for asshole bikers. I, too, had a run in with them yesterday whilst on my run. There were 3 of them on those weird spinny wheely bikes, and they also drove around me, very slowly. They'd bike ahead, slowly, then turn their heads to look at me, then just stop. And wait. Til I was about 5 ft away from then. They'd be totally blocking the path, too. Then they'd pedal ahead, and then repeat, repeat, repeat. For 3 fucking miles. So After the first stint I called my husband and ran while I was on speaker phone with him. They finally rode ahead a bit faster and didn't bug me anymore. Fuckers.

I'm so sorry, that's ridiculous!!!!  This is the shit that really gets to me.  Why?  It's just fucking with someone for the sake of the power trip.  They suck and I hope they fall down, get painfully hurt, and have a badass female nurse who denies them all pain medications.  (My retribution fantasy imagery is strong.)

delicate flower

I just ran 5.2 easy miles on the bike path.  A couple of walkers but not a cyclist to be seen.  42 degrees and drizzle probably contributed to that.

<3

KCRuns

6.25 this morning. It was 57° and sunny, absolutely gorgeous, shorts and t-shirt weather. I was off today, not in any hurry and took my sweet time. It was a glorious start to the week.

LM, I’m sorry. I hope you’re carrying pepper spray or whatever else makes you feel safe. And not afraid to use it. I carry pepper spray in my hand, ready to spray and frequently get stopped by police on the path. Not to give me a hard time, but to tell me way to go for carrying something. And the female officers frequently ask where to buy it. I would have sprayed those guys and not thought twice about it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training.

sdWhiskers