Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES: You smell that? (Read 36 times)

LRB

That's the weekend cookin.

Cyberic

Don't smell it yet, but with the crazy winds we've been having, all the smells are muddled together.

I have a workout to do at lunch in 25-35 mph winds. That will be something.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  I am traveling back so RD.

Apparently, Miami is too windy for my lungs because our standard days can have 14-15mph and our slightly windy days during Lent and "Winter" are 25+mph.  I hate it all.  After 14mph I cannot breathe.  There is no wind here in SC, fortunately.  Just fucking hills after hills. LOL.

Damaris

From the Internet.

Morning! The dog woke me up before I was ready so I'm puttering around with coffee trying to wake my brain up.

First outdoor club practice of the season last night! Paired 800s, 200 jog within a set and 400 jog between sets. Had a good group to work with and had a great workout. I actually got there early enough for a good warmup for once, ran 4 sets plus one extra rep for 9x800 total, mostly around 3:16; first set a touch slower, a couple of later reps a touch faster.

Today I've got 5-7 easy miles on tap.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 41 miles on a nice morning.  I could get used to the outdoors.  I'm hoping to not be back on the trainer for a few months, but we have some cooler rainy days coming next week.  Time will tell.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Ugh, my night was full of crazy dreams that kept me awake and then I woke up feeling a little sick to my stomach and sore in my stomach muscles..... I didn't think the 10 sets of 1 minute planks last night would have done that.... 

Didn't help that I was so indecisive about what to do (gym + run, just gym, just run), I ended up going back to bed. They're predicting rain today but hopefully not much so I can try to run later.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Baboon

delicate flower

Hello!!  I had another good swim this morning.  2500 yards.  It's just clicked the past couple of weeks.  Swimming felt like a slow chore all winter and now I am starting to enjoy it again.  I've got an easy run later.

I was looking at my time off bank in the payroll system and noticed I have not taken a day off since New Year's Day.  Oof.  Typically I do not go three months between PTO days.   

<3

sdWhiskers

My third no running day of the week. Work can go to hell. I left last night at 7pm and got back in at 7am this morning.

Smells like sewer in the 2 mile radius of my work. Lots of construction nearby so maybe from that? Just lovely.

From the Internet.

Omg I've had a Gibson electric guitar on loan from my dad and he called and told me he's just straight up giving it to me and I am weeeeping! He wanted to downsize his collection a bit and thought about selling it but then decided I should just keep it. How do I even deserve my sweet lil parents <3 <3

LRB

I ran 8.45 with some quarter mile repeats mixed in.

I haven't been doing any much of that whilst base building this winter so today was pretty woeful. But I suppose there is nowhere to go but up from here...or is it down? 

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dropped my son off at school and headed to the riverfront, only had time for a 5 mile run. First thing I noticed was that my quad wasn't as achy as it has been, and not even close to Tuesday's run. BUT I noticed around .5 miles the tops of my feet and shins started up with the familiar stiffness and brittle feeling, I was seriously irritated. By mile 1.22 I stopped and redid my shoelaces to where they were tied on the inside of my feet, within 5 minutes of resuming my run I noticed a huge difference and my legs felt loose. Even my quad ache was almost nonexistent, for the first time in weeks I felt like I was actually running and not shuffling along. It was nice.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

onemile

Anyone try the Brooks Glycerin?  They are on sale for $75 at Jack Rabbit

Bad news 😑 but maybe good newsπŸ˜€

2.1 mi flat park path and felt like back of right thigh was swelling from the middle to up high , like a balloon was being pumped up inside of it 😑 so I walked back to my car.

The good new is it’s insanely itching now, itching an inch or more under the skinπŸ˜€

I had been pretty much sidelined for years with muscle to muscle of the hams and fascia to muscle adhesions over the quads , and only started breaking them down 18 months ago.

When the little adhesion fibers start breaking down they itch πŸ˜€

Off to try some downhill road crown repeats... road crown, especially down hill help break the ham adhesion fibers... but not good for my hip or knee,  so only a little

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lurking  πŸ˜‡

Hope everyone is well.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

From the Internet.

7.1 miles done feeling... Weirdly, remarkably good?!? Wtf is this? On track for 78 miles this week if I get in the rest of my planned miles, which would be an official PR though not a rolling-7-day-total PR.