Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #119 (Read 31 times)

DavePNW

HEY! I have a job!! Or at least an offer, to start 5/18, which I plan to accept. 

Some of you will remember that interview I went to in Minnesota (job was still in Seattle). I thought it went really well, but it was right before Covid hit, and it ended up not materializing. And all other job opportunities subsequently dried up; I had no idea how much longer I’d have to be looking. But about a week ago that company called me out of the blue to ask if I was still interested & available. I said yes, they asked for some references, and I got the offer today. 

What an incredible, freaking relief. Best birthday present ever.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Awesome, congrats, Dave! And best part is in Seattle and you start straight working from home, no? The best, ha.

Damaris

Runshortii

Dave that’s awesome, congrats!

SRD here.

DavePNW

Awesome, congrats, Dave! And best part is in Seattle and you start straight working from home, no? The best, ha.

Actually the job is working from home anyway. So even after things are back to normal - no more hour-long commutes in Seattle freeway traffic! No more getting up at 4-5 AM to get my run in before work! There will be a bunch of travel which is always a PITA, but I’d rather have that than a shitty daily commute. Need to figure out when I will want to run. Could still do mornings. But also likely could do lunchtime. Maybe could even do late afternoon considering most of the company is on central time.

Dave

Cyberic

HEY! I have a job!! Or at least an offer, to start 5/18, which I plan to accept. 

Some of you will remember that interview I went to in Minnesota (job was still in Seattle). I thought it went really well, but it was right before Covid hit, and it ended up not materializing. And all other job opportunities subsequently dried up; I had no idea how much longer I’d have to be looking. But about a week ago that company called me out of the blue to ask if I was still interested & available. I said yes, they asked for some references, and I got the offer today. 

Great news Dave! Congrats!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Actually the job is working from home anyway. So even after things are back to normal - no more hour-long commutes in Seattle freeway traffic! No more getting up at 4-5 AM to get my run in before work! There will be a bunch of travel which is always a PITA, but I’d rather have that than a shitty daily commute. Need to figure out when I will want to run. Could still do mornings. But also likely could do lunchtime. Maybe could even do late afternoon considering most of the company is on central time.

Even better!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

Great news DavePNW!

sdWhiskers

Fantastic news! I'll miss having you as my early morning Noxgear buddy. Expect to still travel to Japan (eventually)?
                  LRB

: insert 3 dancing bananas here :

GinnyinPA

Dave - that's terrific news. And Happy Birthday!

I did a tempo run - ran 9.1 with 5 between 10k and HMP.

Congratulations Dave!

DavePNW

Fantastic news! I'll miss having you as my early morning Noxgear buddy. Expect to still travel to Japan (eventually)?

Not me!  Of course around here, sunrise in winter is around 8:00, so I may still. 
                          I don’t anticipate any international travel in this position. 

Dave

onemile

Awesome news! I'm happy for you!

onemile

I took yesterday off to allow DaveP to catch up to me.  Today I ran 12 with 3x12 minutes tempo (increasing the pace every 4 minutes) in some steady cold rain.

LRB

I took yesterday off to allow DaveP to catch up to me.  Today I ran 12 with 3x12 minutes tempo (increasing the pace every 4 minutes) in some steady cold rain.

I hear we'll have that on tap tomorrow...or should I say from the tap!