Beginners and Beyond

Whack Job FriDAILIES (Read 34 times)

onemile

8 with an hour of that at a faster than easy pace.

In the "help me make my racing decisions" category.....the full I did last year has changed their course up. There is no longer the please kill me now 2 mile hill to finish the race. Instead, it starts  .6 miles from the rail trail (run downhill), run north for about 12.8 miles (slightly uphill), then south. The finish is on the rail trail, which is a huge, huge improvement. Even the .6 mile hill is a bitch (see my half from this spring). So, here's where I am torn. For the first time, they will have a half. Is there a way to train more for a PR half in say mid October, while increasing long runs to a point that I can do the full? So slightly more than my half-assed training last year (aka 6 weeks). I'd be happy to knock the 2:21 from my time to go under 5 hours. Price goes up end of this month and there is the option to drop down to the half.

Good luck tomorrow DavePNW & Zelanie.

I ran a marathon off of a season of 5k training followed by 6 weeks of half marathon specific training.  I PRed the half and 2 weeks after that ran a marathon (that was a 1 minute PR).  However... I did a few 16 mile long runs as half marathon training and a few 60 mile weeks. My 5k training was in the 50mpw range.  The marathon was freaking painful the last 6 miles.  YMMV.

eta - I never planned on the marathon. That was a decision I made after my half... if I had planned on it, I would have probably extended my long run to 18

onemile

It is strange and wonderful to not have to run in the evening

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran a marathon off of a season of 5k training followed by 6 weeks of half marathon specific training.  I PRed the half and 2 weeks after that ran a marathon (that was a 1 minute PR).  However... I did a few 16 mile long runs as half marathon training and a few 60 mile weeks. My 5k training was in the 50mpw range.  The marathon was freaking painful the last 6 miles.  YMMV.

eta - I never planned on the marathon. That was a decision I made after my half... if I had planned on it, I would have probably extended my long run to 18

My "training" last year was 4 whole runs over 15 miles. I think the fact I knew I was really under trained kept me from going out too fast early, it hurt, but never to the point of a a death march.

LRB

Just sat down for Wonder Woman. 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It is strange and wonderful to not have to run in the evening

Word. Which is why I decided not to run tonight.  I hardly ever take any recovery post marathon, so this feels...weird.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Just sat down for Wonder Woman. 

Enjoy!  We still need to see Pirates and Baywatch. Will try to do WW on Sunday (Pirates tomorrow) and leave Baywatch for while in PR next week.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My "training" last year was 4 whole runs over 15 miles. I think the fact I knew I was really under trained kept me from going out too fast early, it hurt, but never to the point of a a death march.

I wouldn't recommend doing like I did, which was to run two 14 milers before one of my marathons (I had breathing issues and couldn't run much).  I ran a very nice race, though, so it was a success.

I would sign up for the full and drop to the HM later if needed.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

NRR, but I successfully completed a 5.11A climb on a stupid ledge today, and I ALWAYS have trouble with the ledge routes... I don't think I've ever even managed a 5.9 on there before.  (Oh, right, this wasn't a thing before my hiatus.  I've taken up rock climbing.  It's awesome.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

Got my race number. Met DaveP. Grumpy Dave was not so grumpy. I think he's ready to kick some B&B butt tomorrow.

Me? I'm just hoping to celebrate being able to complete 26.2, if I complete 26.2.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Go, guys!

Damaris

onemile

Got my race number. Met DaveP. Grumpy Dave was not so grumpy. I think he's ready to kick some B&B butt tomorrow.

Me? I'm just hoping to celebrate being able to complete 26.2, if I complete 26.2.

Good luck to both of you!

No more marathons

Good luck to both of you!

This ^^^^^

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

DavePNW

Dave

No more marathons

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes.