Beginners and Beyond

Wake up it’s FriDailies (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

As far enjoying the sights and sounds during an event, I'm racing, I ain't enjoying shit. Music was a distraction from that fact, then, I learned to use my thoughts in the same manner.

The only time I can say that I'm enjoying something associated with a race, is a cold ass brewski after it's over. Or in the case of Boston, 5 of them bitches. lol I'll take in the sights and sounds before and after the event, but during it, I'm in another zone.

Montreal marathon course was changed because the sights weren't optimal. I couldn't care less. I'm racing FFS. Make it flat and I'm happy.

About Boston, although I have a bad memory, I remember that story Smile

onemile

SKS? what is that?

I also like to listen to podcasts & audiobooks during easy runs. And I like to listen to music for races, b/c it jazzes me (and I also like small talk occasionally but hate it when people drone on and on). And I use the headphones that you can hear your environment around you, or I will typically race with 1 bud in, and the other removed.

I ran 5 miles today, felt great. Nothing really exciting about today's run.

Someone Knows Something. It's a true crime/cold case investigation podcast by David Ridgen from CBC. I really like him. Season 1 isn't as good as the subsequent seasons though.

onemile

I just started one called Missing and Murdered, also by CBC

RunningOnSand

Someone Knows Something. It's a true crime/cold case investigation podcast by David Ridgen from CBC. I really like him. Season 1 isn't as good as the subsequent seasons though.

Sounds awesome. Is it kind of like Serial? Or no? I'll have to add that to my queue. And the murder one you just started would creep me out. LOL. I already have an overactive imagination and carry mace--I can imagine I'd be spraying everything and anything, ha.

onemile

Sounds awesome. Is it kind of like Serial? Or no? I'll have to add that to my queue. And the murder one you just started would creep me out. LOL. I already have an overactive imagination and carry mace--I can imagine I'd be spraying everything and anything, ha.

Yes, pretty much like Serial.

And so far Missing and Murdered sounds like it was done by a relative of the victim

LRB

Yes, pretty much like Serial.

And so far Missing and Murdered sounds like it was done by a relative of the victim

Podcasts would probably solve a  lot of my problems for weekend and long runs.  In fact, if there were a podcast for Star Trek Voyager, I would run long for 20 miles every weekend. lol

onemile

Podcasts would probably solve a  lot of my problems for weekend and long runs.  In fact, if there were a podcast for Star Trek Voyager, I would run long for 20 miles every weekend. lol

They definitely make boring long runs less boring.  Start with the first Serial about Adnan Syed and you'll be hooked!

RunningOnSand

They definitely make boring long runs less boring.  Start with the first Serial about Adnan Syed and you'll be hooked!

Yes! I loved this one! I couldn't quite get into the 2nd one as much, although I know a lot of people really enjoyed it.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.5 miles.

I only listen to music on the treadmill. It's a nice change. I have tried to watch TV, that doesn't work well.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

HCK, I do both on the TM (at the same time), but I am home and I have hundreds of movies to "watch".  I put the Caption and explosions galore while I run.  Just watched Atomic Blonde for the 100th time (seems like) while listening to music for tonight's run.  I find that doing one or the other is not enough on the TM but both work.

Damaris

LRB

Is this where I want to start? How long is each episode? Roughly.

RunningOnSand

Yes. They are roughly an hour. Maybe a little less.

ETA: some of them are a lot less (like 35 min).

LRB

HCK, I do both on the TM (at the same time), but I am home and I have hundreds of movies to "watch".  I put the Caption and explosions galore while I run.  Just watched Atomic Blonde for the 100th time (seems like) while listening to music for tonight's run.  I find that doing one or the other is not enough on the TM but both work.

I agree.

onemile

Yup, episode 1: The Alibi and I would say 30-60 minutes per.  I only allow myself to listen while running so it gives me something to look forward to

Baboon

delicate flower

3100 yard open water swim done with friends.  I'd equate that to like a 16-17 mile run.  Went out for pizza after.  A good Friday evening.

<3