Beginners and Beyond

Shopping Penguins FRIDAILY (Read 9 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

No shopping for me except maybe Ace Hardware.

3 miles when DW says.  Probably inside.

GinnyinPA

I won't be shopping, unless I stop at the grocery for more cereal and bananas.  I've never tried to shop on Black Friday.  Last night when we passed a couple of malls on the way home from MD, I was amazed at how full the parking lots were.  So much for people opting out.  Anyhow, I only have 4 on the schedule.  I may see if Jim wants to go for a walk in the woods later.  Rain is coming this weekend, but today is nice.

Jerry - I hope you get your 3 in.  Do you follow a plan, or just aim for 25 or so a week and make it up as you go along?

PADRunner

Morning, I did a little shopping with my coffee this morning. I actually bought coffee. Smile

6 miles this morning, maybe more later.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

No shopping for me. I'll be heading out for 30-45 minutes easy shortly. Then I'll eat and shower and head back to nyc. There's only so much Netflix I can watch Tongue there isn't much else to do around here especially since it is hunting season and all of the idiots are out shooting. Normally I enjoy walking the trails when I visit but not during this time of year.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Philliefan33

4.2 miles this morning, it was a little tough after overeating yesterday.   It was nice to get away from the house for a bit. My folks are visiting, and having the tv on at all times to appease Dad, and at max volume so he can hear it, is more noise than I prefer.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  No shopping for me.  I hate crowds and apparently, all the crazies come out, so no thanks.  I have 5 miles with strides tonight.  Took today off work so I went to Pilates class early.  I'm off Pilates for 2.5 weeks as my instructor is going on vacation and I thought it would be a nice vacation for me as well.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I forgot that Black Friday is also the start of Christmas decorating weekend, so looks like we are cancelling today's run, but hard to call it a RD.

Guess we can slack off since we met our 2015 goal.  Ginny, our plan is to run everyday, unless we find a reason not to.

Zelanie

The roads today are not so bad with everybody shopping or hiding from shoppers. We are almost home.