Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

I wouldn't.  With my luck, they will finish not only faster than me, but doing well.

Omg, lmao. That was pretty good!

LRB

What's worse is that there is also a 10K - it simply runs the 5K course twice.  Not no but hell no.

lol

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

At least I don't suck at Pilates like I suck at running.  I did 6 of these today (two sets of 3), for the first time unassisted (I usually have her as pointer).  I am very happy to feel this strong.  And they are fucking hard!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voXpiNMGHCU&app=desktop

Damaris

I was actually going to tell you yesterday, that with your foot, you might want to skip this. But I assumed that you would figure that out on your own...

NOW you tell me. Actually I was fully prepared to bail, but it felt OK. Still hurts a bit when I walk around barefoot, but in shoes it's OK.

Anyway, I was pretty happy to execute the workout precisely as designed.

Dave

LRB

NOW you tell me. Actually I was fully prepared to bail, but it felt OK. Still hurts a bit when I walk around barefoot, but in shoes it's OK.

Anyway, I was pretty happy to execute the workout precisely as designed.

How are those ass cheeks doing? Pretty tight I would imagine?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Howdy Dailies!

Lost my mojo.  I think it's post race mojo loss, so fairly normal.  I'm working my mind up to a full marathon.  I contacted Team in Training to see if I could get coaching in my area or on-line.  Does anyone have any experience with Team in Training and the fundraising that goes with it?

Gotten tons of their mailings. Some people I used to work with participated in their events. I think the fundraising amounts were pretty high--like a couple thousand dollars. Not sure if it was less if you did local events versus out of state ones--my understanding was their hotel & registration fees were covered. I would find out what the coaches credentials are--are they running coaches or more fundraising coaches who may lead some runs. A local half had posted (and then retracted) a TnT training plan. It was a very odd plan, if it was for beginners, it was nuts--like a 10 miler in the first 2 weeks- for a half.

onemile

I ran 10 at the indoor track because it was in the 40s, super windy and raining all day. plus I have a cold now

onemile

How are those ass cheeks doing? Pretty tight I would imagine?

lol

on my way to badass

I could be wrong, but I believe you are responsible for the amount you pledge regardless of if you raise it or not. I seem to remember someone having to come out of pocket to cover the rest of their pledge, which was somewhere in the neighborhood of $3k.

I personally have never raised funds to run a marathon but know a few people who have. You're basically asking people for money so it's a 50 - 50 proposition.

I'm going to run my local marathon.  The fundraising isn't too onerous($750).  No hotel or entry fee needed.  I'm looking for coaching and maybe a workout group.

The LLS also does support for Multiple Myeloma which my dad has been living with for a while, so it's personal too.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Zelanie

The movie was good. I thought the book was kind of hokey but the movie had me bawling like a baby. I guess that's a good thing ?

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Finally feeling close to normal again. Recovery from MDI had me dragging along at 12:30 -13:00 pace for a week plus and anything sub-12:00 was an effort. Finally got back on the track for 8 x 600m with 200m recovery at about 9:40-9:45 pace.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.