Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins want some warmth (Read 19 times)

GinnyinPA

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

GinnyinPA

It's freezing out there.  The forecast snow didn't really materialize here, aside from some flurries, but it feels like February out there.  I probably won't run, since I need a rest day anyway.

PADRunner

A 5k this morning. Didn't place but our team one first place on time. One of our team won overall and Sly took his AG.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

A 5k this morning. Didn't place but our team one first place on time. One of our team won overall and Sly took his AG.

The team has a whole did great. (Yes that means you PAD )

Had a few PRs, Fastest team award, overall, a lot of 1st A/Gs (2nds and 3rds also)

overall team time (top 5 times cumulative) was 1:25.xx

Our overall winner 15:17 ish?

GinnyinPA

Very impressive!  Great job guys.

Brilliant

Congrats, Sly & Pad!

Ginny, stay warm.

I ran 10 miles at the beach this morning.  It was cool and overcast, but the forecast rain didn't start until we were done!  And when I got home, my husband had washed the dog.  Wow, what a perfect start to the weekend. Smile

Zelanie

Congrats, PAD and Sly!

I went out for a run today and ran 10. 

Brilliant

Yay, Zel!  How did it go?  What surface did you run on?

Zelanie

Went fine- the leg didn't hurt, although I could feel it, if that makes any sense.

I went over to campus where they have a track-surface running path.  This might be my go-to because it's got a good surface, bathrooms, water, people around, and it's lit in the evenings.  I can run on "mostly" dirt and grass from my house, but I'd have to walk to the start of the path from here, plus there's a bit of asphalt that I wouldn't be able to avoid.

This morning, everything but my leg is sore. I guess I didn't use all of the same muscles in the pool.  I'm hoping for 10 again today, but we'll see how it feels once I get out there.

MTA: Decided to stop at 0.1 instead of 10. I am just too sore today. I will rest up for my Alter G run tomorrow. It might just be that I'm not going to be in marathon shape by June. We'll see.

GinnyinPA

Z  It probably won't take you that long to get accustomed to running on hard surfaces again.  The lungs and legs didn't lose anything, and you weren't off the streets for very long.  Maybe you should have eased into it a bit more, but by tomorrow you'll probably be fine.

Allison - do you run on the sand or along boardwalk?  Good job on yesterday's 10. 

I did 15.2 miles into town and back this afternoon.  A little pain in the hamstrings and pelvis, but it wasn't constant so I ignored it. I'm very tired now though.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  Congrats to our racers this weekend!

Z, great job on the run.  The soreness is normal, I think.

Ran 10 last night with hubby, 20 with 12 at MP on the TM this morning/afternoon.

Damaris

Zelanie

D, awesome run!

GinnyinPA

D - 20 easy on the TM is hard enough, adding the 12 at MP was really pushing it.  Wow.  Was the 12 in the middle or at the end?

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was 4, 12, and 4.

Damaris