Beginners and Beyond

Guess I'm starting the SunDAILIES (Read 33 times)

LRB

I can't imagine any connection.

I saw Creed II last night. In it, there's a scene where he's running at top speed. He looks so rigid that you'd half expect an elbow or shoulder to come flying off. Not that I am any better, it's just that when you see things in movies that you have knowledge of, you are sometimes like, that's not how that goes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Oh was it good?  I really liked the first Creed.

Damaris

LRB

The first one was really good imo. This one is okay.

Cyberic

Nice.

I was wondering why my legs wanted to kill me lately. I finished 60 miles this week and something like 260 for the last 30 days.

Nice right back at you!

DavePNW

I was going for 13 miles with progression, to finish with 3 miles at LT. However I inadvertently progressed too quickly, so I pretty much decided to just let 'er rip. Ended up with 13.1 miles in 1:39, 7:33 avg pace. My last HM, early in the year when I was struggling with mysterious chronic slowness, was 1:41-something. So I guess I'm recovered? Seattle Marathon was today - guess I should've run it after all!

53 for the week.

Dave

Baboon

delicate flower

I was going for 13 miles with progression, to finish with 3 miles at LT. However I inadvertently progressed too quickly, so I pretty much decided to just let 'er rip. Ended up with 13.1 miles in 1:39, 7:33 avg pace. My last HM, early in the year when I was struggling with mysterious chronic slowness, was 1:41-something. So I guess I'm recovered? Seattle Marathon was today - guess I should've run it after all!

53 for the week.

Heck of a run, Dave.  I saw your Strava and thought "Did Dave run a stealth HM today?" and had to check the Flyby to see if others ran with you.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

53 for the week.

Did they have a HM option?  You could’ve tried the progressive or post injury PR there! 🤦‍♀️

Glad to see you back to those paces.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Heck of a run, Dave.  I saw your Strava and thought "Did Dave run a stealth HM today?" and had to check the Flyby to see if others ran with you.

He is not LRB, you know!

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

DavePNW, definitely seems like you are recovered. Nice run!

sdWhiskers

Love that my long run was only 11.5 miles this morning. Ran along the coast through La Jolla which is always beautiful.

Having taper coincide with the holidays has been rough. I'm up like 7 lbs in the last week, eating everything in sight but with fewer miles. I need to get things under control this week...

Baboon

delicate flower

He is not LRB, you know!

Yeah, definitely not something Dave would ordinarily do which is why it was all so confusing.  But now it all makes sense!

<3

DavePNW

Did they have a HM option?  You could’ve tried the progressive or post injury PR there! 🤦‍♀️

Pretty sure they do, but you know it never even struck me. If I signed up, I'd want to race it, but just had no inkling I'd be ready to run a respectable half by now. I do have one scheduled for January; this was sort intended to be the first workout on the training schedule for that.

Dave

From the Internet.

53 for the week.

Nice job!! Recovered indeed!

I also ran 53 for the week! TWINS! 6.1 easy today.

Baboon

delicate flower

Ran the Soace Coast HM today. Hubby left me in the dust by mile 2 so i just took my time, stopped for alcohol aong the way (6 times), stopped to pee, etc. Was unable to run with my GF but she registered for the North loop course and we were on the South loop. But it was still fun.

Nice job, Docket!  I was amazed at how much alcohol lined that course last year.  Wife and I are about 95% in for next year.  HM for her, FM for me.  How was the weather today?

<3

LRB

I ran 8.