Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #171 (Read 27 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

Happy Friday!

6 miles with 3 x 1 mile at an attempt at some sort of tempo pace (15k-HM). Guess the last two were close to what my 5k would indicate. It was warm & humid, so the whole thing was a struggle. I'm getting back to my routine of drinking Nuun after runs. I think I would gag if it was offered during a race, but after a run, I can deal with sipping it for a while.

bluerun

Super B****

So when I complain that my track is crowded? THIS is the shit I'm dealing with.

I actually managed to make it 3.11 miles in 15.5 laps by varying how I went around people -- sometimes I ran on the field, instead of veering four lanes away. Fat lot of good it did me, anyhow... I ran 19:56 which is too slow to count. Oh well. (The temperature was perfect; the 100% humidity was not. I swear this felt harder than the 5K I ran thirty seconds faster.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

Bluerun, yea, that's crowded. Mine wasn't that bad, it was more the people not actually using the track that were the worst. Little kids playing flip the water bottle IN THE LANES. There's a whole field for that shit. Parents watching the unofficial practice (that was totally against the rules)--stand on the track, not in the stands. Then they act surprised when someone runs by.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 with 1-2-3-2-1 minutes at 5K to HMP and Pilates.

Damaris

bluerun

Super B****

Bluerun, yea, that's crowded. Mine wasn't that bad, it was more the people not actually using the track that were the worst. Little kids playing flip the water bottle IN THE LANES. There's a whole field for that shit. Parents watching the unofficial practice (that was totally against the rules)--stand on the track, not in the stands. Then they act surprised when someone runs by.

This happens during daylight hours... kids riding bikes in all directions, playing ball, people walking dogs off-leash. It's a disaster.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Half Crazy K 2.0

This happens during daylight hours... kids riding bikes in all directions, playing ball, people walking dogs off-leash. It's a disaster.

Aside from the greeting issue, I'd almost prefer off leash dogs. I went to the track one time and 3 ladies were walking with dogs on retractable leashes, so they took up the entire track. They did not GAF about anyone else and seemed annoyed each time I ran by them.

DavePNW

Track at 6 AM is no problem. Except of course when someone is walking on it, they invariably feel the need to use the inside lane. But I used the track late afternoon/early evening a couple weeks ago, and it was a shit show. Including, yes, people standing obliviously on the track who are not actually circling it, which is the worst. 

Supposed to get a bit warmer today, so I guess I shouldn’t wait too long to head out there.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I'm avoiding any space that is as busy as that track. You can't be far enough away from people and I have no interest in running 5K+ with my mask covering my face the entire time. I can barely handle 10-20 seconds here or there.

RD today. Not planned but I feel like I need a break.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

I haven't checked the tracks around here since I'm not capable of anything other than slow running/walking.  It sounds like I would blend in perfectly!

No run for me today.  Did some good upper body and leg strength stuff.  Weather heating up here with temps approaching 90 through the weekend. Should be 70-ish tomorrow morning.  I kind of like that temp for a run, but not a race...

Ginny - hope you are recovering...tough trip!

Also, got a haircut this morning. Barber and I were both masked. I didn't feel unsafe but, interestingly, another barber in the shop, and his customer, were both without masks (both were at least 15-20' from me). I know that barber is at least 70 and his customer looked of similar age. Not so smart unless, maybe, they can't breath with a mask on...

Cyberic

I actually managed to make it 3.11 miles in 15.5 laps by varying how I went around people -- sometimes I ran on the field, instead of veering four lanes away. Fat lot of good it did me, anyhow... I ran 19:56 which is too slow to count. Oh well. (The temperature was perfect; the 100% humidity was not. I swear this felt harder than the 5K I ran thirty seconds faster.)

😮😮😮😮

9 for me with about 5 on dirt, left ham started feel funky so stopped at nine.  Need to stay off dirt for 10 days, hopefully only 10 days

LRB

I would've jogged right past that cluster bomb. lol

I understand why you didn't though. I've never seen anything like that at any track I've ever run at!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Hey LRB, have you seen this? Granted, it's a really small survery size, but makes me wonder if I was too late to get the antibody test.

If you want to see fun stuff at a track, the dozen kids & puppy playing on the crash mat made my blood pressure soar. I'm sure those are not cheap and really don't want tax dollar going to replacing it because people are assholes.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hey LRB, have you seen this? Granted, it's a really small survery size, but makes me wonder if I was too late to get the antibody test.

If you want to see fun stuff at a track, the dozen kids & puppy playing on the crash mat made my blood pressure soar. I'm sure those are not cheap and really don't want tax dollar going to replacing it because people are assholes.

I wonder if that is why Sweden has almost no antibodies or her immunity after 4 months of it.

Damaris

DavePNW

Sunny and starting to get warm. Ran 15 grinding miles, wearing my brand new Vancouver Not Marathon shirt.

Dave