Beginners and Beyond

Sunday Penguins are waiting for planes (Read 23 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I can't copy our intro from my phone but I'm bored waiting to board my plane and wanted to say hi, and you all are sleeping in. So.....

Penguins run slow. But sometimes fast.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Had a blast at the 15K last night!!! Met lilac_jive and fourouta5!!! Was very happy with my time of 1:34:27 (garmin....no official time yet). Got pics but can't post from my phone so will do that later. Off to Atlanta....boarding soon!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

tracilynn

Have a good trip Kristin!

a couple easy miles later to test my stupid azz sore shin. And a plank. Held my plank last night 1 min 12s.   will do 1m14 tonight  Off to a barbecue at my big sisters house   Taking the whole gang (all 4 kiddos)

~~~~~~~

Traci

Bin Running

Kristin,looks like you enjoyed your race. Well done!

Traci, hope the shin behaves. BBQ sound good.

15M done. Followed by visiting friends for brunch and a short dip in their apartment pool. Still coughing though.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

hog4life

BBQ sounds good Traci. I hope your shin behaves.

Kristin, have a safe trip.

I did 3.8 last night and 4 this morning. Coffee is down, going to church here in a bit and then some XT my mowing the stupid grass. I watched the plank video the other day, and I may have to give them a try. What's the object, hold for as long as you can?

hog4life

Hey Bin, was the cough present during the run?

Bin Running

Mitch, good job with the miles. Cough is present during run but not more than when I'm not running. Does felt a little more breathless but not by much.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning Penguins.

Safe trip Kristin.

Have a nice BBQ with kiddos, Traci.

Take care of that cough, Bin.

Kill that grass, Mitch.

We are supposed to go to the Hofbrauhaus for DD2 birthday, but she is at the State Fair in Springfield and DD1 is sick, so might have to postpone. Ran a quick 3 miles this morning with DW.  10:10 last mile.

Have a great day!!!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  My plan was to do 16 miles @ MP +10% but the nausea was so bad, I only made it to 12.  Oh, well, my cutback week is done.

I napped until now and my stomach is still wonky, so I am going to give it some food now.

Damaris

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

PS:  Happy National Soft Ice Cream Day.  Might have to go to Culver's for some some soft ice cream er, custard.

From the Internet.

Hi pens Smile Cutting it short Thursday and taking off Friday/Saturday from running was a good choice - I was hoping to get in 4-6 this morning with the expectation that it'd be closer to 4, and ended up with 6.46 miles in ~1:05.

The first two miles sucked - achy and tired, "why am I doing this? I'll never be a real runner! I'm just going to end up injured again!". Stopped to stretch out my calf after ~3.3 and promised myself I could quit at 4 but I guess the short break/stretch was just what I needed to keep going - the rest of the run was great and I even threw in a stride (just one!) around mile 6. I didn't want to stop but didn't feel like it would be smart to push it any further so I stopped my Garmin at 6.46 at the bottom of the giant hill that I have to climb to get back to my house.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yesterday I did race #47 for the year:   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/0f8e2deca44442d7ab91d49afa3e8c3b/resume#focus

When I saw this guy at my race, I did a double-take for a second...I thought maybe LRB had come to Texas just to FE with me.  Joking

Today I went to my favorite local park - McAllister Park in San Antonio - and did 4 easy miles on the paved trails.   Mother Nature gave us a break this morning.  Temp was still 75 at 8 a.m. when I started, but the dewpoint was a sweet 62, making it feel pretty darn nice out there.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Happy Sunday, Pens...

Kristin: Safe travels and have fun!

Traci: "Stupid azz sore shin..." sorry for your pain, but I like your way with words. Smile

Bin: If you can do 15 I think your cough will be gone soon. Get your rest.

Hog: Sounds like a nice day you have planned.

Jerry: YEAH!!! More beer!

Docket: Well done. Is Mr Docket going to Chicago with you?

Lauren: Nice work! The first mile or two are always the worst for me.

Scotty: LOL!!

As for me, I just got back from a 13 mile run with 8 of them at 7:45. It was hard, but I did it. With the other five miles my average pace was 8:00 on the nose for a time of 1:44. It's funny because that was my exact pace for my first ever HM about a year ago and now I'm doing that on a training run. Never in my dreams would I think that would happen! The rest of the house is still quiet but I'm going to wake up DW and take her to breakfast; just the two of us. Then I will come home, sit in my favorite chair, turn on a soccer game, read the paper, and eventually take a nap.

Enjoy.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope you had a nice flight, Kristin.  Congrats on your race too!  Looking forward to the pics!

Enjoy the barbecue, Traci!  Congrats on the planks.  I'm up to 31 seconds now...woohoo...1 second longer than the first one I ever did. Joking  Sorry about your shin...make that sucker walk the plank!

The object of a plank, Mitch, is to try not to scream out loud and cry like a baby when you do them!  Wink   Good luck with the lawn mowing.  I did that too.  After my run when I got home from the park, dragged the mower out and mowed my front lawn.  Thankfully, we have a very small front yard, so only took me 20 minutes.   After both the run and mowing, I scrubbed myself down really good in the shower with a loofa...even I could smell the stink on me, lol.

Sorry your cough won't drop, Bin. Enjoy the time with your friends and the dip in the pool...hope the dip does not aggravate your cough.   How long has it been Bin?  I mean for the cough to be hanging around.  If more than 7 days, might be time to get that sucker checked, make sure it's not a virus, something in your lung, etc.

Congrats on your miles, Jerry, glad to see you running again.  Happy b-day to DD2 and hope DD1 feels better.

Glad your run went well, Lauren!  Yeah, that first half mile to mile can really suck at times.  Takes that long for my legs to realize "okay, Brain is really gonna make us do this...so let's get into running gear mode..."  and then I usually feel pretty good after that.

nice running for you, Jack!   Football for me and the nap in the chair.  Watched the Cowboys pre-season game yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed that they had 5 turnovers and lost to the Cardinals.  Hope their regular season games go as well! Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hmmm, I was Damarized by Scotty.

Jack, yes, he is coming but he has not run in weeks because his shins still hurt.

Damaris