Beginners and Beyond

Thursdailies - The 5th Edition (Read 35 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This actually sounds worse than 15 miles on the TM in complete silence!

It actually entertains me because I have to pay attention. The time someone flushed a toilet on the phone was fun too.

Damaris

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

The time someone flushed a toilet on the phone was fun too.

I just know I'll experience that too someday.  It's bad enough to hear people chewing, or yelling at their kids.  Mute, people, mute!

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
      10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

Baboon

delicate flower

Weather for my 6.55 mile race Saturday looks like it could be damn near anything.  Some reports say several inches of snow, some say rain, some say cloudy, some say sunny.  THANKS.  They all agree on upper 30's for a temp, so at least there is that.

<3

zzyzx

lat pulldown, leg sled and then I did the stair challenge. 40:41 was near record time a few months ago... today I was a tad bummed.

As for Vegas, I'm going to be downtown so I don't know how safe that will be to run. I'm vaguely considering doing a 5/10k there on Saturday but it might be a pain to get there.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

15 done earlier. Now to eat all the lunch I can find.

Damaris

DavePNW

As for Vegas, I'm going to be downtown so I don't know how safe that will be to run. I'm vaguely considering doing a 5/10k there on Saturday but it might be a pain to get there.

Someone else reported on this, but in my experience if you run early morning it might not be too bad, because it is most definitely not an early-morning kind of town.

Dave

sdWhiskers

I just know I'll experience that too someday.  It's bad enough to hear people chewing, or yelling at their kids.  Mute, people, mute!

We do Tele-presence frequently (so high def video basically). Lesson to be learned here is you don't have to wear pants at home, but if you anticipate needing to chase after your dog, please put on work appropriate pants. AND button your shirt all the way.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

We do Tele-presence frequently (so high def video basically). Lesson to be learned here is you don't have to wear pants at home, but if you anticipate needing to chase after your dog, please put on work appropriate pants. AND button your shirt all the way.

How long does it take to get that image out of your head?

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Running is Back 10k, 5/12; Greta's Run 5k, 5/19

DavePNW

10 miles w/6 progression.

So, paces were pretty much as expected based on recent history, which means they sucked. But the appropriate effort was put forth, which is all you can do. And I still have Baboon's current performance level to live vicariously through. So I've got that going for me. Which is nice.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I am getting my cortisone shot at 2:15.

It is currently 2:23 and I am starting to get angry.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

LOL.  I think Courtcall has started to allow video hearings but I bet you they won't let us do it ever.  And I wouldn't dare do it while working from home.  I once had a video chat with someone (not work related) and Hershey kept jumping in front of me and showing off during the chat.

Damaris

LRB

I am getting my cortisone shot at 2:15.

It is currently 2:23 and I am starting to get angry.

More miscommunications?

KCRuns

3.3 TM miles at a very slow jog to keep the coughing at bay.  Sort of worked.  My cough had been improving steadily every day, but yesterday it got worse and today is the same as yesterday.  Not sure what's going on there, the rest of me feels great, it's just the lingering cough that is killing me.

In better news, my green superfeet insoles arrived yesterday and I used them today.  My feet, and in particular my right foot, feel great!  I wasn't sure for the first few minutes as it didn't feel like the arch was in the right place, but it moved into place after a couple of minutes and the run felt good.  And after the run, my feet still feel good.  So now I need to order a couple more pair of insoles for all my shoes so I don't have to move them around every day.  Thank you, Berto!!

bluerun

Super B****

More miscommunications?

No, unless you consider the regular state of the public transit system around here a miscommunication.  All is well now, I can go from worrying about my knees to worrying about my ankles!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

INKnBURN immortalized the grumpiest face I know!

Damaris