Beginners and Beyond

LawyerMom's Turkey Trot 5K RR (Read 37 times)

I know you are still feeling your way around this little dysfunctional part of the internet, but such placements will require a swag report going forward.  Quite frankly, I am disappointed nobody here has pointed this out.  COME ON, PEOPLE.

Nice race though.  I agree that the hills and heat can be killers.   171' crammed into two miles at 5K effort sounds like torture.

Hahaha!!!  And thanks (also to all of you above, I appreciate the love and the feedback and the understanding of my brand of crazy).

Swag was fucked up.  I don't know for sure what happened, but I think a dude named "Alex" was assumed to be female at the time of awards, so initially I was told I did not get an OA as I was 4th.  Whatever, didn't sound right, but I went on home.  Looked online about an hour later, and lo and behold, official results confirm my 3rd OA suspicion.  I emailed the RD, who responded that they would order me another 3rd place medal.  Which begs the question, who took it?!?!?  So weird.

Notably, this is the same RD who didn't fix my stuff with the timing company last year, and I'm on Athlinks as 2nd in my AG and OA because of the asshole bib swapping lady.  So my expectations are approximately zero that I will ever see that 3rd place female medal.

I do have a pic of me and hubs with our AG awards.  Because that rabbit from hell also won his AG.  Without training.  Of course. 

Anyway, the only swag I got was the AG medal.  They had t-shirts, I was not going to take one, but husband asked if I would so he could use it.  He wears cotton shirts, I don't.

For someone who supposedly didn't really care and just showed up, HE HAS WORN THE TSHIRTS EVERY SINGLE DAY SINCE THANKSGIVING.  I think he may care more than he chooses to let on.