Beginners and Beyond

Recovery Sundailies (Read 32 times)

onemile

I ran 7. It was pretty awful, and then it got better

onemile

Has anyone here paid for the runners world or mcmillian marathon plans?  I'm registered to run an October 1st marathon, and it will be my first. I started training for Chicago last year and busted my IT band and didn't run, but I have a way better base right now than I did at this time last year, and I've gotten smarter in my strength training.  I think onemile said she used the higdon intermediate for her first, so I was kind of leaning towards that. The mcmillian and runners world plans (from what I can see from what they let you see for free anyway) seem to have more structured workouts, which I like. I tend to get bored with just all easy days, but obviously I don't want to get injured either. I'm off every Tuesday and some Thursday, so higher weekly mileage as opposed to heavy weekend mileage doesn't bother me. I want to race to the best of my ability without getting injured wherever that sweet spot is lol.

Now that I'm taking a few easy days I have all this time to overthink everything 

I used a paid McMillan plan once (a custom one - I don't know if they sell others?) But it was, I think, a 15 week marathon plan that I paid something like $75 for. I liked it - and one of the McMillan coaches emailed me twice during the plan to ask how it was going and if I had any training questions for them.  I could look for it and send it to you if you wanted to check it out. Or look at my log - I think that was what I used to train for my fall 2014 marathon

No more marathons

Sitting in the theater waiting for Guardians to start.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

There are like 5 clips after the movie ends. I didn't wait on them but most people where I was did.

OMG. yOu missed the best part of the movie!

Damaris

LRB

OMG. yOu missed the best part of the movie!

After Deadpool made you look like a complete fucking idiot for waiting on the credits to roll, I have never waited again. I can see that shit on youtube which I have done only once. I think that was for the second Avengers but I probably have that wrong.

After Deadpool made you look like a complete fucking idiot for waiting on the credits to roll, I have never waited again. I can see that shit on youtube which I have done only once. I think that was for the second Avengers but I probably have that wrong.

Dude, you gotta bite the bullet and stick around. There was like another half a movie in this one. And the scene with Groot was priceless. (Those who saw it - amirite?)

Anyway, the movie was extremely entertaining. So much to like about it.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It was awesome!

Flying Pig is still as hilly as I remember it, and last year I did the full and the hills never cease.

Damaris

LRB

Dude, you gotta bite the bullet and stick around. There was like another half a movie in this one. And the scene with Groot was priceless. (Those who saw it - amirite?)

I'll YouTube it.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good evening, all. Today's long run was cut in two parts, due to my son waking up at 5 AM with a whole lot of energy and I just felt too bad thinking about leaving hubby in that mess.

So this morning around 9:30 AM

No automatic alt text available.

I had to air up the stupid tire at each mile during that run, it was quite annoying. I'm going to have to do something about it.

This afternoon we went to see GOTG2, not a bad movie.... can't say I feel it lived up to the first one but I guess I was a little disappointed with what happened between Quill and his daddy. And it seemed a little more mushy with less smartass back and forth banter, but I would definitely watch it again.

Later tonight, Jetta and I got in 7.2 miles.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)