Beginners and Beyond

Popcorn Penguins Tuesdaily (Read 15 times)

From the Internet.

From the Internet.

Lauren - I remember you saying that you were lucky in having a job post-doc.  I assume it's the same as the one you were doing pre-examination? Enjoy your run later.

Yup, following up on the stuff I presented in my thesis - this was work I'd started a few years ago and it's just now to the point where I'm close to being able to analyze it. Mouse work is complicated and fraught with setbacks!

SheCan

How about pretzels?  I was munching on pretzels when I opened the thread today.  I do like almost all popcorn though but regular ol buttered is my favorite.  Not gonna pass on kettle corn, carmel, or cheezy though if given an option, however, I rarely pass on snack food whenever any are available, especially the less healthy they are.

Did 8 miles running, and then went to the gym with my daughter.  She's been helping me develop a better workout plan, preferably one that can help me with some postural issues that are bothering me.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

GinnyinPA

Ginny, you asked about my training.  Not following a plan; I missed way too many workouts. Just trying to rack up miles at this point. I know your marathon is the same day as mine; what plan are you following?

I've been more or less following Higdon's Advanced.  I did well with the Intermediate 2, but wanted a plan with a few more miles. This has one more day each week, which includes some speedwork (hills, intervals or tempo) and peaks at about 56 instead of 50.  I decided that if I was feeling too worn out, I'd skip a short run, or just run easy on speed day, but mostly I've been able to do what I intended. However, this is the final peak week and I'm already tired though it's only Tuesday!

Brilliant

... However, this is the final peak week and I'm already tired though it's only Tuesday!

You will enjoy the taper!