Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES are not the cutest of the bunch, but when called upon to save the world (Read 40 times)

LRB

Don't forget the tights. 

FTS, will I sleep tonight? I have been unable to keep my stupid brain from going a million miles an hour the past few nights.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

For me that was Ann Arbor 2013, run in mid-June. 

It would have to be pretty bad to be worse the marathon #3 for me. Besides being my 3rd marathon in 7 weeks and only 2 weeks after my 2nd, it was on June 7th, 1970 and started at noon with temps climbing into the 90s. This was back in the Good Ole Days when water stops were non-existent. To add insult to injury the last 4 miles were basically up hill. This they called the Marathon of Champions.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
            05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

happylily

It would have to be pretty bad to be worse the marathon #3 for me. Besides being my 3rd marathon in 7 weeks and only 2 weeks after my 2nd, it was on June 7th, 1970 and started at noon with temps climbing into the 90s. This was back in the Good Ole Days when water stops were non-existent. To add insult to injury the last 4 miles were basically up hill. This they called the Marathon of Champions.

That you survived something like that makes you a champion for sure!

I only ran 10, not 15. I'm sooo tired at the moment. I even had an afternoon nap yesterday... ugh... I was feeling depressed that I'm feeling so fatigued in my 13th week of training, but then I remembered that it's my 5th marathon training cycle in less than 12 months. Why? Just why do I do this to myself? I don't even think it's fun anymore. But I don't know what else to do... 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Cyberic

I know what I wanna do after this cycle: Play hockey. Running is all I do. That may be fine for training cycles, but I gotta get out with friends a little, not plan my next run or next running goal, ffs.