Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #135 (Read 28 times)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Trying to keep more distance than usual and no hugs or high 5's. Not running on opposite sides of the street or anything though and if we are on a trail and passing people the distance is less than 6ft.  RP will move to the grass if possible.  Things might be different here though.  Majority of people still aren't wearing masks to the grocery stores even

Andrea, hugs.

Damaris

Runshortii

Trying to keep more distance than usual and no hugs or high 5's. Not running on opposite sides of the street or anything though and if we are on a trail and passing people the distance is less than 6ft.  RP will move to the grass if possible.  Things might be different here though.  Majority of people still aren't wearing masks to the grocery stores even

It’s such a cluster in WI now. Supreme Court struck down the safer at home, our county said they were upholding the safer at home and tonight retracted it because of legal advice. So now it’s a free for all I guess 

onemile

It’s such a cluster in WI now. Supreme Court struck down the safer at home, our county said they were upholding the safer at home and tonight retracted it because of legal advice. So now it’s a free for all I guess 

Milwaukee County still has an order but the surrounding counties have bars open and packed full 

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. But I've been facepalming since 2016.

Damaris

It never ceases to amaze me how stupid people are. But I've been facepalming since 2016.

Mama always said, stupid is as stupid does.

Dave

Half Crazy K 2.0

The Maryland Governor announced that as of 5pm today, we are in phase 1, highlights are retail can open for curb side delivevry, hair salons can open for 1 person at a time/appointment only, and churches can operate at 50%. My county (Baltimore County) decided not to go to phase 1. People are not happy since the county exec gave no details as to what the benchmarks to start opening would be. The other detail is that aside from Baltimore City, the counties bordering Baltimore county are opening. So, yea. Good luck keeping people home. It's going to be 80+ today, I expect crowds everywhere.

Cyberic

Milwaukee County still has an order but the surrounding counties have bars open and packed full 

I follow the rules, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. If higher authorities said bars were open, why wouldn't people go?

Who's stupid in that story? The county in confinement? Or the surrounding counties? Your own personnel beliefs will make the answer to that question differ from one person to the other...

Personally, although I hate being confined, I follow it because if people don't we'll be confined forever. Although confinement works on paper, in reality there are too many people who don't follow it, so it just doesn't work. Therefore why have the worse of both worlds? In this case, if you are not going to enforce the rules, just lift them so you don't penalize the good citizens following strict orders while others ruin the effect. Either you don't put rules, or you enforce them.

onemile

I follow the rules, but that doesn't mean I agree with them. If higher authorities said bars were open, why wouldn't people go?

Who's stupid in that story? The county in confinement? Or the surrounding counties? Your own personnel beliefs will make the answer to that question differ from one person to the other...

Personally, although I hate being confined, I follow it because if people don't we'll be confined forever. Although confinement works on paper, in reality there are too many people who don't follow it, so it just doesn't work. Therefore why have the worse of both worlds? In this case, if you are not going to enforce the rules, just lift them so you don't penalize the good citizens following strict orders while others ruin the effect. Either you don't put rules, or you enforce them.

The only reason the order was over-turned is because it's the republican controlled state supreme court warring with our democrat governor. they basically just want to undo anything he does just for the sake of it. it's 100% political.

The number of deaths is not going down here.  Who is stupid? The people who are packing into a bar with no precautions. Clearly.  It's one thing to open bars and at least attempt to practice precautionary measures but this was not that. This was standing room only full of people.  My county is opening salons and allowing x number of customers at a time, having employees take extra precautions, wait in cars, etc... in that case choosing to go isn't stupid. But packing into a crowded bar? Stupid.

So you are following confinement so you aren't confined forever but it doesn't actually do anything?  That doesn't make sense. If you think following it now will make it not last forever, it's doing something.  If you think following it now is doing nothing, then how would following it now make it not last forever?

Cyberic

-- Unnecessary venting about my living in a country/province of people who don't think like I do. Deleted --