Beginners and Beyond

Frosted ThursDAILIES, they're magically delicious! (Read 32 times)

sdWhiskers

This is maybe a touchy subject, but I look around and see how fat 95% of the population seems to be these days, and it reminds me why I need to keep running.

I'd also argue that there are plenty of skinny folks who are not healthy/fit

Cyberic

This is maybe a touchy subject, but I look around and see how fat 95% of the population seems to be these days, and it reminds me why I need to keep running.

This might be touchy of my part also, but I noticed that a higher percentage of Americans are fat than Canadians. That is the couple of places I've traveled to. Not that there aren't any here, far from that. Just an observation based on very little info that the percentage was higher.

And yes there are skinny people who aren't healthy. Not limited to, but notably some drug addicts, some heavy alcoholics become very skinny and weak.

Half Crazy K 2.0

5.4 miles. Last part to the pleasant sound of gunshots. Thursday night fun at the local shooting range near my house.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Running does not make me lose weight (the contrary, the more I run, the more I get swollen), but then again, I don't weight 300lbs so there is that.

I actually lose weight when I stop running, so maybe I should just take a year off and be back to a size 0...  But then I would be very angry at the world.

Switched to 6 (tomorrow's run) because it was raining and only 74 dewpoint so we headed outside and ran/walked together.  I think my last run with my hubby was 4 months ago.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

This might be touchy of my part also, but I noticed that a higher percentage of Americans are fat than Canadians. That is the couple of places I've traveled to. Not that there aren't any here, far from that. Just an observation based on very little info that the percentage was higher.

And yes there are skinny people who aren't healthy. Not limited to, but notably some drug addicts, some heavy alcoholics become very skinny and weak.

I bet your food is not full of the shit that is used here.

I notice every time I go to Europe how fresh and real the food tastes.

Damaris

sdWhiskers

8 miles.

0 sodas.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

5.7 very easy recovery miles

Getting to sleep tonight is problematic, but I really wanted coffee with my peach crostata.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K, 9:11:09
                      06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

DavePNW

This might be touchy of my part also, but I noticed that a higher percentage of Americans are fat than Canadians.

Higher than anywhere pretty much.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I bet your food is not full of the shit that is used here.

I notice every time I go to Europe how fresh and real the food tastes.

Right?! I cannot believe is is legal.

onemile

Higher than anywhere pretty much.

I was really surprised how many obese people there are in New Zealand.

onemile

Looks like US is at 36.2% obesity rate and Canada is 29.4%

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-obese-countries/

#1 is America Somoa with 74.6% 

Cyberic

Fair enough. I thought the difference was higher than that. Probably that if I traveled in other parts of Canada I'd find the obesity percentage higher than here too.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

http://worldpopulationreview.com/countries/most-obese-countries/

#1 is America Somoa with 74.6% 

Isn't that partly genetic?  Or cultural?

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Apropos of this thread or does FB know what we were talking about?

Lucky Charms Article

Damaris

Half Crazy K 2.0

7.5 miles with some short intervals.

Screen protector is now on the Garmin.