Beginners and Beyond

Dart for the Arts 10K RR; Instant PR; Picture added at the end. (Read 85 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Oski - It's hard not to be enthusiastic right now.  I've been having way too much fun.

April - Thanks!

Kristin - Absolutely!  There are so many things that I enjoy about these races.  PR's and stuff are great, but without the people there it would just be a really hard training run.  The people make it awesome.  Thank you.

Thanks Tori, Dave, Coralie,

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

makk9898 - It was never my goal, because I frankly didn't think I was built to do that.  I guess that's why I'm so excited.  I'm really curious to see where this running thing takes me.  For now, I know that I really enjoy it.  Thank you!

SIAR - I may have eased up a bit more than I wanted to in that first mile, but I realized at one point that I was up front running a 6:45 pace.  Even though I was intending to go all out, I knew that was never going to be maintained for 6.2 miles.  The overall winner was a woman who finished with something around 36 minutes.  I think I would have been in real trouble if I had kept following her...lol  Thank you for the kind words.  They're greatly appreciated.

LRB - Thanks!  I was pretty pleased when I saw the splits afterwards.  I think I'm going to switch over to recreational running, and ease up a bit until after my wedding in mid-May.  I have a lot on my plate, and then I start a 24 week training cycle for my November marathon.  That should be pretty demanding, and with less than a year of running under my belt I think a slight cutback before I get started would be a good idea.

Sparker - Wow did I enjoy the beer.  It's a good thing that I don't do that every weekend, but once in a while it really is a good time.  We had a double birthday party, and I was secretly having my own celebration at the same time :-)

Supersono99 - That's crazy.  Right?  After seeing the outcome, I'm glad I didn't blow up, but that doesn't mean that I won't try harder next time...lol

Jerry - I'm sure they did...lol

Robinde, Zelanie, - Thanks!

Rondog - You know it!

Dave - Definitely the meal...lol

Here's a picture of me, and the fastest guy in the neighborhood.  I'm the guy with the headband that looks like he's about to throw up.  He's the one in front of me.  Kudos to him...for today Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You are too funny!

Damaris

B-Plus

Way to hit those PRs! Great even pacing.

Your dinner makes me want to start eating meat again lol.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Thanks B-Plus!  I usually go breakfast after a race, but this was one of those convenience races rather than one I had been planning for.  Then, we hung out and talked to people until I was starving.  Finally, Jack Klompus, said that I should treat myself.  So, I did.  It was awesome.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

B-Plus

I'm sure it was wonderful. You really earned it!

Bin Running

Way to go, Awood.. Very pretty splits..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jen2011

Congrats on a great race, Awood!  I've enjoyed following your amazing journey.

Jen

Upcoming races:

Covenant Health Knoxville 5K 4/7/13 (and cheering on DH for his 1st Marathon!!)

Rock and Roll Chicago Half Marathon 7/21/13

Tower of Terror Ten Miler 10/5/13

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Instant PR, a medal, and a new running partner!  Sounds like this turned out to be a great event for you!  Congrats!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Holy smokes, you keep getting better.  Awesome, fantastic, super-duper time!   What a way to put it all out there.  Congratulations!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

happylily

Wow! Absolutely freakin' awesome, so soon after your HM! Congratulations!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I'm on my stupid phone.  So, format and personal responses are almost impossible, but thank you.  I've had so much fun running these races, but this was a blast.  I did not expect it to turn out so well.  You guys have helped me so much.  I can't wait to dive into my marathon training.  I might even start using the training log here.  I know I'll get great feedback here.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Great time congrats!

Zelanie

Glad you've got yourself a rival!

Here's a picture of me, and the fastest guy in the neighborhood.  I'm the guy with the headband that looks like he's about to throw up.  He's the one in front of me.  Kudos to him...for today Big grin