Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Cyberic

Did the replacement watch fix the issues you were having with short distances?

I didn't compare this one with the 620, so I wouldn't know. I packed the 620 in its box to sell it, but haven't sold it yet, and in the mean time, I'm not testing anything. I might do that tonight, though, if I feel like running in the rain again, or if it stops raining. Turning on Glonass on the other watch had minimized the issue. With this one, I turned Glonass on right away. But to compare GPS accuracy with the 620 is a "must do".

The other watch had Bluetooth dropping issues with my phone. I thought it was the phone, but it was actually the watch, as no more issue with the new one.

The new watch has sound, but it's so weak, I could barely hear it during my intervals yesterday. Nothing like the 620. Not even remotely close. The vibration is strong enough, though. I'm thinking stronger than the 620's, or at least as strong.

Overall I'm delighted with the Fenix 3 HR, and although it was a pain to exchange the other one because of very minor issues, I'm glad I did because this one is ok.

LRB

I didn't compare this one with the 620, so I wouldn't know. I packed the 620 in its box to sell it, but haven't sold it yet, and in the mean time, I'm not testing anything. I might do that tonight, though, if I feel like running in the rain again, or if it stops raining. Turning on Glonass on the other watch had minimized the issue. With this one, I turned Glonass on right away. But to compare GPS accuracy with the 620 is a "must do".

The other watch had Bluetooth dropping issues with my phone. I thought it was the phone, but it was actually the watch, as no more issue with the new one.

The new watch has sound, but it's so weak, I could barely hear it during my intervals yesterday. Nothing like the 620. Not even remotely close. The vibration is strong enough, though. I'm thinking stronger than the 620's, or at least as strong.

Overall I'm delighted with the Fenix 3 HR, and although it was a pain to exchange the other one because of very minor issues, I'm glad I did because this one is ok.

I found the  light, sound and vibration to be lacking (severely) on the 630 versus the 620. Once glove season ends the vibration will get better but yeah, it sucks.

LRB

Dave and LRB, we have fasnachts here, which sound similar.

It seems Wikipedia agrees with you. 👍

Cyberic

I found the  light, sound and vibration to be lacking (severely) on the 630 versus the 620. Once glove season ends the vibration will get better but yeah, it sucks.

There's a feature I haven't tired yet: the backlight's strength is configurable on the Fenix 3. It ships stock at 20% strength. Haven't played around with it yet, but eventually I will. Maybe it's just bogus and 100% isn't actually much brighter than 20%. I dunno. Sounds promising, though.

delicate flower

You swim an awful lot. It's pretty remarkable!

Slowly but surely, I am improving.  I could probably use some additional one-on-one form instruction, but I just can't fit everything into the schedule nor do I want to shell out $80 per lesson.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, 51 is damn warm when it comes at this point on the calender, up here. Down there, they would declare a frost warning  and you wouldn't be able to leave your house. lol

Well, except us, who would be running in a tank and shorts and people would be looking at us like crazy.

Damaris

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

You can always work your way up to the marathon instead of peaking then tapering. I think volume is the way to go in that regard and building back up over time rather than relying on getting a chunk of your weekly miles from eternity runs. It might be time to start a modest streak, that'll be a better indicator for you.

I agree.  Or keep increasing the miles and try to jump on a 10 week plan.  Or do a 10 week plan and modify it from the 12 week plan.  Says the one running a marathon in 13 weeks and will be doing something like that.

Damaris

LRB

Well, except us, who would be running in a tank and shorts and people would be looking at us like crazy.

That's how it was in Cali, which by the way had just wonderful weather for running, at least while I was there.

delicate flower

Watching the live police chase in LA right now.  God I love the internet.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Is it OJ?

Damaris

LRB

Is is all that and a bag of chips. 

Cyberic

Did the replacement watch fix the issues you were having with short distances?

Yep. Ran with both the 620 and the new F3 and they were within 1 second for each split (km). With the other watch the gap got bigger and bigger as the kms went on, therefore either the 620 was too fast or the F3 too slow. I'm a happy man.

Turns out the vibration is less on the F3 than the 620, but still good enough.

Half Crazy K 2.0

3.3 plus lower body weights and core.

No more marathons

Had meetings both before and after lunch today, so had to squeeze my workout in to a 60 minute time slot (usually can slide an extra 15 to 20 minutes).

The schedule today was 6 X 800 - starting at 3:35 and working down to below 3:30 - with a 2 minute recovery interval.  Since I was short on time (and not running on a track) I just got in 5 and ran each one hard.  Did manage to get #3 and #5 under 3:30 - and none were slower than a 7:06 pace (#4 into the wind) so I'm going to claim success.

This was the first workout that my coach gave me specific time goal.  I think I like that better than just run hard.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

delicate flower

I ran.  60 minutes, with 15, 15, and 10 minute tempo blocks with 3 minute recoveries.  I averaged 7:02 on the tempos.  Not bad considering I'm still recovering from a HM.  8.1 miles total at 7:24 avg.

<3