Beginners and Beyond

Toosticuler Tuesdailies (Read 39 times)

RunningOnSand

another trip to the vet today. Gracie apparently has a very resistant strain of staph infection that is not susceptible to any oral antibiotic. I'm glad I've been forcing those giant pills down her throat twice a day for no reason.

Met up with URP for 10 miles tonight. We ran into another guy who we haven't run with before but know from a lot of the local races and ran with him for about 7 miles of it.

Ugh, that's stressful. Poor Gracie. What's the next course of action, then? IV antibiotic?

RunningOnSand

Depends what kind of day you’re having.

I assume you mean the race. The city, no.

Correct. Yeah, hadn't thought of it that way. #newbie

RunningOnSand

Many years ago, so they may be very different now.  They were serviceable but I prefer a lighter, more flexible shoe, hard to find and still have something that will hold up well in an ultra.  Currently running in Brooks Glycerin 17, Saucony Everun Ride ISO, and NB 880 V9.

K.

I like them more than the normal version of the 4% (flyknit?).

But for an everyday shoe?

RunningOnSand

There is so much to see and party during the Chicago Marathon, it never becomes boring.  Didn't you see my last RR?  Mexicantown, Chinatown, Greektown, etc.  Lots to celebrate there.

I'd forgotten about that. K, maybe it's going back on my list. Not that I want to run another marathon. But if I did, it would go on my "list".

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

K.

But for an everyday shoe?

Yes.

Damaris