Beginners and Beyond

Saturated Saturdailies (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

Ran 29.99 km. Seemed silly to run past my house for 30 feet, then turn around. What would the neighbors think?

I can handle the cold, the snow, but I've had it with icy surfaces. It seems like every week or every other week, usually after a good snow fall (12 inches this time), it starts to rain while the temps drop. I'm also sick of running with screws and cleats, so I went Bambi on ice today 

Nothing that they don’t already think about an idiot who is always out running in the snow, ice, and sub-freezing temperatures.

Dave

onemile

Nothing that they don’t already think about an idiot who is always out running in the snow, ice, and sub-freezing temperatures.

Cyberic

You think? 

LRB

The best is when I run 30 feet past my house then come back and realize I should've gone 40 feet, so then I run 10 feet past it the way I originally came from and then back. 

LRB

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The animals (that includes my son) and I headed up to LSP (again) and hiked 4.56 miles, wondered onto some new trails. My glutes are still feeling sore and it's got me a bit aggravated, and it seems my sciatic nerve is trying to be a pest. Hope my massage appointment on Monday helps.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

DavePNW

6 miles in a lovely 35 degree rain. The sidewalks & trails near work were clear yesterday, but the ones near home are mostly ice. So I split my time between running in the street & dodging cars, and running back & forth on a short stretch of sidewalk that was clear. And some hopping back & forth between street & sidewalk. Good times. I‘d certainly like to find something better for my LR tomorrow. Maybe actually drive to my work route. There’s probably something closer, and things are still melting, but I just have no idea.

Dave

RunningOnSand

I woke up to daylight (7:15). That was the weirdest shit ever. It's been months since that's happened.

Anyway, I'm currently dealing with a severe case of the blahs. It grey and dank out. I don't know what I want to run, where to run it, or how to run it. I need to find some motivation...

+1. It's 3:07pm, and I need to just do it. I don't want to deal with the inconsistent running surfaces (snow/slush/ice/pavement) and I also don't want to run on the TM. Maybe I'll go get my running clothes on and see what happens.

onemile

+1. It's 3:07pm, and I need to just do it. I don't want to deal with the inconsistent running surfaces (snow/slush/ice/pavement) and I also don't want to run on the TM. Maybe I'll go get my running clothes on and see what happens.

the one thing that saved me this week is I had a RP for 5 of my runs'

now it's supposed to snow 3-5 inches tomorrow

zzyzx

6 miles in a lovely 35 degree rain. The sidewalks & trails near work were clear yesterday, but the ones near home are mostly ice. So I split my time between running in the street & dodging cars, and running back & forth on a short stretch of sidewalk that was clear. And some hopping back & forth between street & sidewalk. Good times. I‘d certainly like to find something better for my LR tomorrow. Maybe actually drive to my work route. There’s probably something closer, and things are still melting, but I just have no idea.

I have the Hot Chocolate 15k in 3 weeks, had a rest ish week two weeks ago as I just did the viaduct 8k, didn't do my long run last week as there was a foot of snow everywhere, and I just couldn't, couldn't deal with ice and slush that's still everywhere, especially with that downpour.

So I went to the gym. I am incapable of running long distances on the dreadmill without blowing my brain out out of boredom, but did 3.5 miles, rode the exercise bike for 10 minutes, ran 1.5 miles, another 10 minutes on the bike, and ran 2.2 miles. It's not optimal but it's at least getting cardio in and getting me used to actually running 7 miles. Next week should be better.

LRB

the one thing that saved me this week is I had a RP for 5 of my runs'

now it's supposed to snow 3-5 inches tomorrow

Nooooooo. I was hoping to get outside during the week. Drat.

sdWhiskers

I had planned on my long run this morning (just 12 miles but with some quality) with RP but he bailed last night. Then for the 3rd night in a row, DS was coughing every 30 seconds for the entire night so no one got any sleep. We've taken him to Urgent Care twice in 24 hours but it seems to just be a mix of his asthma and a cold so not a lot we can do. My overly dramatic nurse husband was on the verge of taking him to the ER several times last night but I'm glad to have convinced him otherwise. They'll just do the albuterol treatments that we can do at home.

I do not run well on little sleep so will put off the LR until tomorrow. I did 7 super easy miles instead although if you looked at my HR, you'd think it was HM pace.

sdWhiskers

Anyway, I'm currently dealing with a severe case of the blahs. It grey and dank out. I don't know what I want to run, where to run it, or how to run it. I need to find some motivation...

I'll send you some sun if you send me some speed 

KCRuns

8 miles w/my SIL. The trail looked clear when we started, but there was a lot of ice the further we went and it was thick. I agree with you, Cy. I’m so over the ice.   But since we didn’t want to go Bambi, we walked the icy areas.

Half Crazy K 2.0

45 minutes on the bike & core work.